Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm ABELUGO from the HAMB, anyhow I like the old bikes (vintage trackers) and old choppers.
I built a hardtail last summer mostly ebay and used parts.
I am in the process of redoing it to it's final version.
Thats about it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
o yeah the question, but probably the obvious. Is anything EVO not allowed here? My bike has an EVO and thats it. I know most all builder are using a shovels, I don't get it. If I get an '83 Shovel is that "old school"?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
No problem with evos....I just prefer the older stuff.

When hd changed the cylinders to aluminum.....and changed the shape of the combustion chamber, they lost the sound. When they quit using cast iron in the frames, that was the final nail in the coffin for my love of em. I'm from the days of "American Iron".....not "Foreign Aluminum"....I have owned 15 or more hd's in my life, but now I have a serious addiction to triumphs.....but would still take a hd if the price was right....I'm just a cheap whore...........go ahead and build what you like....and post pics of em....I love all properly designed and executed customs, no matter what the starting point is.....jap, british, american.....doesn't matter.

·
Registered
398 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
i have had some evos okay by me there becoming the new shovelhead as the rubs dont want to ridem they gotta have a twin cam.Means more for me around the corner and prices are just like walmart fallin.

Shoe
what sucks is the price falling on evo's is driving the cost of shovel heads up.then again they are 21 years old now

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Abe_Lugo said:
Hey, I'm ABELUGO from the HAMB, anyhow I like the old bikes (vintage trackers) and old choppers.
I built a hardtail last summer mostly ebay and used parts.
I am in the process of redoing it to it's final version.
Thats about it.
Hey, welcome, Abe!

I dig the forks on your bike, they're Beefy! :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Abe,
I am a Triumph nut myself. But if I could afford it I would probably
run an Evo in and old style setup because of affordability. You seem
to have to right idea going there. Just get out and ride! Rob
Would really like an old nuckle though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Abe
I like your bike, wide tire chops are cool.

BTW - I have an Evo and I love it.

I think Evo's are getting more "accepted" as they were phased out for the twin-cams and the V-Rods. A lot of folks I know have a Evo for a rider and a pan-shovel etc. for a play bike / bar hopper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts