Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I'm new to the board and wanted to introduce myself before stepping on people's threads. Not much to tell: live in NorCal (from Texas), ride when I can, work when I have to, and try to associate w/ people better looking than me.
2nd I've got to replace the black wrap on my shovel and I've tried DEI and Thermo-Tec, which both suck tremendously. The weave is loose and the color doesn't stay--the DEI turned grey/brown in less than 200 miles. I wrapped a set of pipes on my old old sporty w/ some stuff I was given when I bought a load of parts, but he couldn't remember where it came from. If anybody knows of some decent wrap (and I see it all the time, so I know it exists), I'd appreciate a heads up.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Pull the pipes unwrap , Prob 1 The weave is loose so along the edge use some CA or superglue along the 1/8" edge weave,
Then soak them in hot water, rewrap and clamp. Spray with BBQ paint good and thick!

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
I've used the BBQ paint and it worked pretty good. I got the hi-temp silicon paint for the next go around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts