Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody knows how to make an internal throttle from scratch? I am building a Kz400 with drag bars and all the stuff I've found on this subject are for H.D. applications. Did Kawasaki or any other japanese company make one that I could get for cheep? If so would I have to cut off a portion of the right side of my handle bars to fit one in?

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
mushmouth said:
Would that Honda mini trail throttle work on a KZ400 road bike?
you'ld need to cut the throttle assembly off the honda bar and weld it onto the kaw bar. they're both 7/8. do you understand how an internal throttle operates ?

·
Banned
538 Posts
The honda 90 bars should bolt right on and you can run them,you'll need to route the cable and perhaps fab the hook up to carbs.The mini is 2 piece if you and the cable will be WAY to short,,There is a push/pull ( HD) most of the hondas have a self return ( not sure of the proper name ) If you have a mini handle bar just lay it next to yours and modify your bars to accept the throttle assembly,cutting and graphing the bars is an option,,but not the safest idea

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been thinking about doing one on 7/8 bars myself. It seems like it could be done without cutting/welding. Not that cutting and welding is all bad. If you could ream the bar to get rid of the seam weld bead (if it has one) it would give you a nice round spot to work with. Does anyone have pics of one before it's welded on? Maybe I can draw something up in CAD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts