Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the internal throttle kit(stock style, PULL)from V-Twin and it seems not to open my super B all the way or close it unless I push the bell crank over. Any ideas what the problem is? The free play before it starts to open the butterfly does seem excessive but I set it up the way my manual says to. Any help would be great.
-Jesse

·
Banned
163 Posts
gettingreasy said:
I just bought the internal throttle kit(stock style, PULL)from V-Twin and it seems not to open my super B all the way or close it unless I push the bell crank over. Any ideas what the problem is? The free play before it starts to open the butterfly does seem excessive but I set it up the way my manual says to. Any help would be great.
-Jesse
well when you push it all the way open, will the throttle hold it there..... as in...... does it have enough cable travel?

if not, you may have to anchor the cable to the butterfly lever closer to it's pivot

it should be easy enough to measure the actual cable travel of the throttle and then see how much your carb takes

if that isn't the issue...... sounds like you have some phasing conflict between the cable perch and the butterfly lever

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The outer sleve seems to flex abit to much, the stop that slides into the bar may have slid past were it's supposed to stop, would that doit?

-Jesse

·
Registered
884 Posts
hijack. hey jesse it seems we have a co-worker in common. does the name
j bennet sound familar? i knew it would. i work with him at sierra pine in rocklin. man we got to get together and do some riding sometime. i'm in citrus heights and ride everyday. rain or shine. also if you need help with anything let me know. i don't know much but i know enough. later john b.

·
Banned
163 Posts
gettingreasy said:
The outer sleve seems to flex abit to much, the stop that slides into the bar may have slid past were it's supposed to stop, would that doit?

-Jesse
I have all the faith in the world you'll be able to figure it out at this point

sounds like some eyes open hands on fondling and tinkering should have that 51mm butterfly finding WFO

nothing wrong with unbending something that is bent

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I know JB, I now own his tools and extra parts at work cause it seems that he don't love us anymore. Tell him that we miss him.....
HackAsaw, thanks I think I got it now, I made a tab that hangs off the bottom bolt of the carb and used the bottom bellcrank arm for it, I may swap to braided cable versus the solid and that may help my flexing.
-Jesse

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I fixed that fucker, replaced the solid with braided and put an inline adjuster in it. And the main cause was my set screw that holds that plug, wasn't long enough so it was movin back and forth with the sheath.
-Jesse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts