Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you run an internal throttle setup on your bikes? If so, how do you like it? It definitely gives the bike a cool look, but is it a hastle is in regards to setup and maintenance?

·
Registered
49 Posts
It definately looks good and I've never had any maintenance issues with internal throttle cables.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Internal Throttle? That is crazy, I've never heard of such a thing!

Seriously, if installeld correctly there is no hassle or maintenace issues.

hogtownhd said:
Any of you run an internal throttle setup on your bikes? If so, how do you like it? It definitely gives the bike a cool look, but is it a hastle is in regards to setup and maintenance?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what about when you have to adjust throttle cables? also, what is normally involved in setting these up...cutting your bars and welding this on?

·
Registered
625 Posts
ya. find a set of internal buck horns, cut them off and slug them on a set of dragbars.. (making sure they are not wider than 36" so you can still fit through the front door like D-Day)
as for adjustment.. the easiest is a housing adjuster you see on brit bikes and the like.

you dont "have" to run a solid wire. infact i find they bend sometimes and then you have drag. i made a throtlecable out of a current "spring return throttle cable with twisted wire" i picked up and ran it on my super B til i went to the CV... both resulted in a push pull action anyway...

butche

·
Registered
99 Posts
I used an empire internal throttle and it works great. Cut one end of the bar off and used two screws to captivate. You can also weld if you don't want to see the screws.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Their were only two draw backs to the origonal internal cables. (1) the origonal set up had a very long throw, almost a full turn from idle to full open. This has been eliminated by the aftermarket vendors. (2) The throttle stays where it is when you let go. A good thing to rest your arm when riding. But a bad thing if you come off the bike (ie Dump the bike).. I have seen bikes on their side running wide open untill someone can shut it off. That said internal throttles do look cool..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts