Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using State Farm for years and got my premium notice and I think $800 a year is higher than shit for someone with no DUI or accidents.

Who do you folks use?

I did a search and found a thread about insurance but it turned out more of which was better insurance Glock or SKS ;)

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have Progressive. I think I pay about 400 a year
dixiedog said:
I have been using State Farm for years and got my premium notice and I think $800 a year is higher than shit for someone with no DUI or accidents.

Who do you folks use?

I did a search and found a thread about insurance but it turned out more of which was better insurance Glock or SKS ;)

·
Registered
936 Posts
State Farm for house and Jeep. 360.00 a year/Jeep, same for house.

Progressive for bikes - 75.00 a year for 96 triumph full cov, 35 for 67 BSA.

No DUI, No accident.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ol_scratch said:
State Farm for house and Jeep. 360.00 a year/Jeep, same for house.

Progressive for bikes - 75.00 a year for 96 triumph full cov, 35 for 67 BSA.

No DUI, No accident.
My Jeep Scrambler is around $700/yr and I have a company truck so it's pleasure drive

·
Registered
436 Posts
Geico for my 66 triumph ($175), 58 chevy and 62 Falcon ($480). Minimum as required by law in california. It covers myself and my wife (even though she doesn't drive the chevy or ride the bike)
Tito

·
Registered
936 Posts
dixiedog said:
My Jeep Scrambler is around $700/yr and I have a company truck so it's pleasure drive
You know something. I think I was thinking of my last bill, which was 360. And then later I usually have to pay 150 around May. My bad, but I know my insurance is pretty low with State Farm.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have no other choice but to use Formost..I have special construction numbers....I have never had a traffic ticket(Serious) or accident in my life..and I would KILL for only a $800 premium.....

dixiedog said:

Who do you folks use?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Shakedown i have a SP construction bike and pay a lot less with progressive :)
shakedown88 said:
I have no other choice but to use Formost..I have special construction numbers....I have never had a traffic ticket(Serious) or accident in my life..and I would KILL for only a $800 premium.....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I really don't know how? Are you sure your Title says "Special Construction" is the make?.....Cause my best friends wife has been an insurance agent for 25 years and could'nt find a better deal...Progressive was the first to turn me down....

chicoman7 said:
Shakedown i have a SP construction bike and pay a lot less with progressive :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the responses this is a great help.

Haggerty online quote for my 61 Chevy truck and the scrambler was 300/yr. The bike was too new.

A buddy of mine just bought a new dyna street bob (I tried to tell him to build one) and his insurance is $260/yr thru someone the HD dealer uses my quote was $360/yr with them.

I think progressive maybe the best priced compared to Geico, I guess they dont have to pay a lizard.

·
Registered
338 Posts
AIG has started a motorcycle program which i use, I've got a special const. Shovel that costs $330 a year (Liability).

Special Construction bikes are hard to insure especially if you want full coverage, if you want full coverage on a S.C. bike you have to meet some strict and Gay guidelines, IE: no more than 38 degrees of rake, front fender, turnsignals, basically they want you to have a big dog, or the like. They also want appraisals.
I think 2-3 years of full coverage cost would be equal to the cost to build yourself a "new" bike.

A man needs to shop insurance companys at every renewal term, cause prices can be all over the place.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The thing to remember is insurance price has a lot to do with what state you're in too. SO one company giving a great price in one state, may absolutely suck in another.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ol_scratch said:
The thing to remember is insurance price has a lot to do with what state you're in too. SO one company giving a great price in one state, may absolutely suck in another.
Good point scratch, with all the Blue Hairs down here having the "I never saw him over the steering wheel" syndrome I am surprised insurance isnt more than what it is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts