Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some good pics and or ideas for crank case breathers.I try to make most of my own parts .But i am out of ideers on this one. ANY BODY? The bike is efi if that matters. thankx

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
skill saw said:
Im looking for some good pics and or ideas for crank case breathers.I try to make most of my own parts .But i am out of ideers on this one. ANY BODY? The bike is efi if that matters. thankx
Well, you didn't say whether it was an early or late EFI. The early doesn't leave you any room on the front cylinder to run a twin breather setup like the Doherty or Sifton. You're pretty much stuck with the crossover tube breather set tup.

Late EFI is about the same size as a CV carb, so you can do pretty mich what you want.

99% of the time, I use the Screamin' Eagle crossover breather kit for the Goodson, because it's simple, and you get two "Z" shaped support brackets that are for the SE backing plate, that bolt on with the head breather bolts.

I use just the rear head bracket, and angle it to hit the backing plate where I can drill a 1/4" hole in the Goodson backing plate, and use a 1/4" splacer between the backing plate and the "Z" bracket for a support.

Yeah, I like making stuff too, but for about $16.00, you can't beat the crossover for solving both your support and your breather pretty simply and cleanly. If you want, you can run a Doherty, Hayden, or Sifton inline vent in the vent line from the crossover. Half the time, I don't bother.

Here's some I did on my TC88A in the CFL.....dual vents, dual stainless dumps to below the frame rails.......

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more for the road .How much trouble would i get into running a set of pipes like you have on your CFL . Air to fuel mix per say.I have had trouble getting info on changing out things on this bike.Well i should say trusted info.The parts guys say use a power commander but are they just trying to sell me the parts? The bike is a 05 dyna fxd - efi . Thankx for letting me pick your brain.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Most places recommend the Power Commander because they interface directly with the newer Dynojet dynos that are in most of the shops and dealerships now. They like to use it for that reason. The Power Commander is by far not the only unit available to reprogram the Harley EFI systems out there.

I don't know how a set of pipes like those would work with the EFI, even with a Power Commander or the like .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts