Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in NYC last night, I was asked to go meet a friend of a friend right across the street from where I was. We walked across an icy NY city street through an alley and into a basement. My buddies laughed that there was "now" heat down there. I could'nt believe what I saw, the nicest bunch of bikes ever. I tried to use my picture phone, but it just did'nt do these bikes justice. I'm wondering if anyone on the board might know of this guy. He was an Austrian named Walter, no shop name. A real gentlemen, infact he only did this part time. This guy built bikes better then anyone I have ever seen, all hand made parts, super low stuff. I plan to now go back for a trip to talk further with Walter and hope to get better pictures for you guys. I'll try now to get the crappy pictures I took up, I promise to return.

Ok, I loaded them, really shity, but I am gonna go back! You cant see the details, sick!

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel imbarrsed to say this guy was amazing with out being able to show you the details. These pictures suck. They were so tricked out without being cheezy, pure craftsmenship. I will return. Interested if anyone knows him. He's been in Queens for years.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Awesome.
I really dig that tank.

Where in NYC (roughly)?

The girls been bugging me for a trip down there to get new ink & I'd kind of like to do a "shop crawl".

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will find out, I don't know if I was in Brooklyn, Queens, or where ever. After the party I was at, we drove around in circles trying to get out of there. This place was sick, and that was only two of many bikes. I did'nt wanna come off like some school girl with a camera, so i kept sort of low key, although he did'nt mind. Walter was super cool, and real mellow. I don't know that it is open to the public. Some brothers brought me there, so it was Ok for me to be there. I will find out more, as I can't wait to talk further with Walter and get more info. Details in these bikes reminded me much of something you would see from the late Mr. Kenneth Howard. No knurling, but beautiful details.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That finished pan is very appealing, would love to see better quality pics. I am really digging the stance, tank, and the bars look great!

·
Registered
568 Posts
That Walter guy that you're talking about had a bunch of bikes in Iron Horse...each and everyone was cool as shit...glad to see that he's still at it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Swanko, thats it! Funny, cause thats Walter to the left and my buddy Eric to the right. Eric is one of the friends that brought me there. Your photos have better details, but there ar still a hundred more. I knew someone here had to know him.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah my buddy Tommy sent the pics to me...Does Eric have a pan with a chrome tank?If so I think I have pics of his bike too.I think Eric knows my buddy Tommy.I will see if I have anymore from Walters shop.

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
VonSwanko said:
Yeah my buddy Tommy sent the pics to me...Does Eric have a pan with a chrome tank?If so I think I have pics of his bike too.I think Eric knows my buddy Tommy.I will see if I have anymore from Walters shop.
Yes he does, saw that there too. Right after, NYE I will return for more pictures. He also has a bike for sale there too. I took a pitcure of it, let me go get it!

·
Registered
319 Posts
You've heard it before, I'll say it again,
THESE BIKES ARE TOUGH AS NAILS !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.