Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at a 51 Pan, just the motor. The dude only has an Indiana bill of sale, form # 44237(r/2-99). I figure it may as well have no paperwork at all. NY state will probably not accept it as ownership. Maybe another state will like CT or Georgia or whatever states that only require bills of sale.

Motor supposedly has original cases , juggs and heads. Maybe the best that can happen is if the numbers check clean , then a title company could help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want to call or email me I may be able to help. I have a hot rod shop and have police come by all the time and run numbers for titles. I have even done a frame all by it self with no motor/trans nothing. Never had an issue.

I will pm you my number.

Thom

·
Registered
656 Posts
take a pencil rubbing of the #s on the case.bring it to pd or mvd and have them check the #s 1st.make sure theyre clean.you should be able to get a new/lost reggie w/ the bill of sale.take pics and the rub w/ you.its old and most clerks there will understand that the po lost it over time.good luck

·
Registered
978 Posts
If you want to call or email me I may be able to help. I have a hot rod shop and have police come by all the time and run numbers for titles. I have even done a frame all by it self with no motor/trans nothing. Never had an issue.

I will pm you my number.

Thom
Good karma there Thom!! :rolleyes:

welcome to the board! (don't forget to post in intro!)

lotsa good advice on here. ^^^

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I use this website, to do my initial vin check. It either comes back as reported as stolen, or not reported. It can do the newer vins, or the older vins. Not a guarantee, but it will at least tell you if it HAS been reported as stolen.

https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.