Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO EVERYONE I HOPE THIS CAN STAY IN THIS SECTION , I AM CURRENTLY IN TALKS WITH SCORCHER OF FLYRITE CHOPPERS FOR DESIGNING AND MAKING A CAM COVER FOR ME GENORATOR MODEL HARLEYS . THIS CAM COVER IS GOING TO MATCH THE FIN DESIGN OF THE IMPERIAL PRIMARY COVERS . NOW MY QUESTION IS WOULD ANYONE ELSE BE INTRESTED IN THESE . RIGHT NOW ALL I HAVE IS A ROUGH IDEA ON PRICING IF I CAN GET 25 SOLID PEOPLE WHO WANT ONE I WOULD THINK THERE GONNA BE RIGHT ON PRICE WITH AN S&S CAM COVER THAT WOULD NOT BE AS BAD ASS . For any more info if your intrested please pm me and i will cover any details there .

·
Registered
410 Posts
I no idea how much a S&S cam cover is, but there are some people already remaking them, take a look, they show up on ebay every now and then, I have had one in my had and they are pretty nice

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EXACTLY THESE ARE GONNA BE CAM COVERS (RIGHT SIDE OF ENGINE) AS OF NOW THESE ARE JUST IN THE BEGINNING STAGES OF THOUGHT . I WOULD NEED 25 OR SO SOLID YES BEFORE MOVING FORTH .

THE DESIGN IS GOING TO MIMIC THE PRIMARY LIKE THIS PROBABLY SMOOTH IN THE FRONT BY THE GENORATOR THEN TO A DEEP FIN .

THIS IS THE COVER IM GOING TO MATCH TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA

·
Registered
33 Posts
Damn, wish I would of known this last friday, I ordered a cast S&S one through mid-usa. It should be here by this friday, it was special order as they dont stock them. Would be hard to send back now. I would love to see your design though, I could pawn the S&S somewhere. Email me a pic if you can.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Get a deposit from all parties that "say" they're interested so when you have them made at great personal expense on the word of strangers, you won't feel too bad when everyone leaves you hanging.

People like to think they have the money for a whole bunch of things. Make things for yourself and not on the word of people you've never met before that way you'll never be disappointed.

That being said, good luck to you with the project.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I would be interested also, BUT, I would like to see your design first, as in a rendering, 3D Cad file, prototype model....etc. I think we would all like to see the final design before going beyond the "that's cool" stage and committing to buy.

By the way, at the CCI dealer show in Santa Clara earlier this year I was taking to the Spyke sales Rep., not only did they buy all of the STD tooling, but in that tooling are the Original Imperial primary cover molds. Those Imperial primaries you see for sale on e-bay now for $599 are test casts and other low quantity casts off those molds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.