Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it? This came from a friend's court-mandated garage sale. I'm looking for a rear hub I can use on my '41 WLD (3/4" axle). The crusty, seized bearing I pulled out of the threaded end has an ID of somewhere around .662". Could have been 5/8" or 11/16" in an earlier life, I guess. Bearing number looks like WTW 3203AU through the pitting. I realize its pretty incomplete, and needs some guts and a brake/sprocket. What do I need to make it work, and how concerned should I be about the lack of metal between the hub's edge and the spoke holes on one side?

·
Registered
962 Posts
That is an early HD star hub, that has been bastardized and destroyed by someone. Throw it in the trash, it is unusable and unsafe in that conditon.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've got to agree with Dr. Jett. The spoke holes on the one side are completely fucked and it would be a bad idea to run a wheel on that hub. Use it for a paper weight, or throw it at somebody you don't like.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Do not try to use it. Its a wall ornament now, like my front knuckle head thats so pitted the fins are as thin as razor blades.

·
Registered
583 Posts
1967-1972 Big twin front or rear hub. It used sealed roller bearings and a left hand threaded bearing retainer. The spoke holes on the brake drum side are Way to close to the edge to be safe. Looks like a good paper weight..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts