Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
& lookin' for something to do this evening.....we're havin' a BBQ. I'm up off of Main St. in Frisco. Plenty of room bring an old car or ride your sickle...

If you wanna make it out....you can call for directions.....

tim

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are all these cats in the Metroplex & we never get together.....If nothin' else it's free beer & dinner!!!

tim

·
Registered
917 Posts
Deguello said:
There are all these cats in the Metroplex & we never get together.....If nothin' else it's free beer & dinner!!!

tim
Its this kinda thing that makes me hate the fact that I have to work weekends...:mad:

G.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agreed......Good Time! Including removing the CO2 Cartridge from your tire Brian!!! That was some whacky shit!

tim

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tim and I were standing in the garage talking about the BSA when I look out and notice my tire is flat. So we go look at it and it is totally flat. Not just low. Next step is to change the tire. Sounds easy, we have all done that right? Jack up the truck from the axle because ford designed it for a very singular purpose. Then its tire to get out the spare. Hmmm. We are all puzzled. Me and chris are lying in the dirt under my truck but neither of us can see a nut or release mechanism. I crawl out and get the manul and it says to stick the jack rod through the bumper hole. Now the 4 of us are standing around looking puzzled. There is no damn bumper hole. I see this cover and lift it up and low and behold there is a keyhole. So I do the logical thing and unlock it. AH HA. Bumper hole. Tim lowers the tire. Chris helps me pull it out of the dirt. Next step remove the flat. We all stand there looking at this chunk of metal in my tire. Tim grabs the leatherman and goes to work getting it out. Instead of actualy changing the tire, we all stand there and try and figure out what the hell it is and how to remove it. Finally after what seemed like 10 minutes, it comes out and., what do you know, a Co2 cartriage. Chris and I throw the new tire on, clean up and we all go get a new beer. It took 4 guys to change the damn tire. It was like a big fuckin puzzle. The cartriage was stuck in there the whole damn way. Preety bitchin.

oh and thanks alot guys for your help. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
bluebrian said:
oh and thanks alot guys for your help. I appreciate it.
anytime.

once we got that tire off it appeared to be a railroad spike stuck in there at first, till we got that fucker pulled out of the tire (no easy task) and realized what we initially saw was just the smashed top of a full CO2 cartridge in there. aside from the smashed top (where it had contact with the ground thru the end of the tire) the cartridge was intact.

weirdness.
mmmm... sweet bumper holes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I'm new and needing to swap my wheel bearings from my old 21 in. wheel to the new 16 in. wheel. Can any of ya'll do it or know of a decent shop that won't rape me up the butt to do so?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts