Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am trying to run a mini drum setup and right now i just have the wheel on the axle and spaced out correctly. but its not actually rigged to the cable. just spins. the wheel was not assembled when i got it so i have no idea how it is supposed to go - like if the brake stay arm is supposed to go on the top or bottom. i got like 5 diff width spacers and a nut that only seems to screw in 2 threads - and then falls out when i move the bike 5 feet lol. alos there is a "stepped" bracket that i assumed was to get the brake stay out of the way for the cable? i mean i know there are only so many ways to rig this but i just want to be sure.

i know this is an absurd question but i dont want myself or anyone else killed on this thing. it rolls ok as is but it seems to bind a little bit when simply rolling. can hear it/feel it binding.

please dont kill me -i know its moronic lol!

- jason

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
In this order:
1) Check that the hub bearings have the proper length spacer between them.
2) Make sure that the axle is the correct diameter, and long enough to go completely
through both fork sliders and has sufficient thread length to engage the nut.
3) Center the wheel and determine the length of the spacers required for each side.
4) Mount wheel with the brake anchor plate positioned so that the brake anchor strap
is in tension upon brake application.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts