Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a Triumph? or a Norton?

I am new to brit bikes so bear with me, I just always heard it refered to as a Norton and now I am confused.
What ever it is I dream about it

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
definitely a triumph.

if it was a norton he wouldn't need TWO ENGINES... LOL

kick ass though.

hey, how the hell do you make a clutch cable operate two clutches? i have a hard enough time just getting my one clutch and cable to fucking work right.

plus, how do you time both engines? is it two electric ignitions? or can you make one?

·
Registered
944 Posts
snortonnorton said:
definitely a triumph.

hey, how the hell do you make a clutch cable operate two clutches? i have a hard enough time just getting my one clutch and cable to fucking work right.

plus, how do you time both engines? is it two electric ignitions? or can you make one?
Why in the world would you run two clutches? :confused: I'm ASSUMING the two engines are direct drive, 1:1 sprocket and chain job, with a duplex on the rear engine to drive the primary.
Probably two magnetos providing the sparks, just time them 'normally'.

·
Registered
504 Posts
yeah, stupid me.

i'm full time college student.

my brain power goes to reading ancient latin. so after my part-time job by the end of the day i'm in stupid question mode.

right after i posted the question i realized you still only need on transmission, duh, one clutch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Norton Hogslayer - T.C. Christenson

Used a Rambler overdrive unit for two speed tranny, clutch was made from earthmoving equipment parts & same design clutch was used in top fuellers

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
now that's what i'm fucking talking about.

norton hogslayer, how fast was that thing?

did little kids cry when it was running?

did girls take their tops of at the mere sight of it?

KICK ASS

·
Registered
33 Posts
snortonnorton said:
now that's what i'm fucking talking about.

norton hogslayer, how fast was that thing?

did little kids cry when it was running?

did girls take their tops of at the mere sight of it?

KICK ASS
Without checking, I think it ran high 7s @ 170+ mph - unblown on nitro. He always had a hot blonde start line assisstant

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
patch said:
Norton Hogslayer - T.C. Christenson

Used a Rambler overdrive unit for two speed tranny, clutch was made from earthmoving equipment parts & same design clutch was used in top fuellers
ok,Thats the one I was thinking of!

thanks for clearing that up

·
Registered
182 Posts
definitely a triumph.

if it was a norton he wouldn't need TWO ENGINES... LOL

kick ass though.

Only one transmission though so it only has one clutch

1 - 20 of 21 Posts