Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the buy it now price is 450 friggin' dollars!!!!! are these people on crack or what. it's just an old carb. i don't get it. if your interesed the item # is 4576384015. they also have some ed roth mags there also. would be cool to have but the prices are out there.

·
Registered
504 Posts
jesus christ the prices on anything old is just bullshit now.

my generation is so fucked when it comes to rods and bikes.

i'm gonna have to stay in school and get a MBA or PhD just to build an old bike or rod that would of cost someone like 800 bucks just 25 years ago.

someone shoot me now.

·
Registered
825 Posts
HA, I have an L on my pan and I am prob gonna trade it for a new S&S.....I might come out ahead on the $$!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hijack...

JB - I got the CD yesterday evening.
It fucking ROX~! Thanks a bunch.
I'm only 1/4 of the way through it, but it's fucking GREAT~!
Tell Rayna she's got "the eye" for foto stuff.
Got some shots of me that Critter really
likes, so will probably have to go up on the website.

Thanks again.

Best,

Weyland

·
Registered
7,257 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have not discussed it with anyone....I was just thinking out loud...."Boy I think I want a new carb."........."I wonder if the 'L' is worth anything."

Then I saw this post.

On that note.... I think I know where there is a old shop with about of dozen of those things in the back room!! I might be able to "arrange" something.

Dragon said:

was it TonyBones ??

somebody was jonesin' bad for one not long ago ..

'specially if you's talkin' swap ..

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
triple hi-jack . . .

John,

I got your CD a couple weeks ago but have not had a chance to look at it yet.

Saw lots of REAL (not angry-white-boy-chopperZ OR hot-topic-trend chopperZ with requisite cool parts from the list of cool parts) pans shovels and flatties yesterday out in Queens that you would have appreciated.

Didn't you know the L carbs are now on the aformentioned list of mandatory cool parts? Along with:

goodson cleaner
whitewalls
hubcap spinner gas cap
fancy mag
hand-tooled leather seat

you know the rest.

jason

·
Registered
266 Posts
Re: triple hi-jack . . .

Haha - touche Jason

That's why I prefer used and ridden old stockers, semi-stockers or just tastefully period-like riders. The heck with the fancy stuff.

cheers

BarryW

JasonMcElroy said:
John,

I got your CD a couple weeks ago but have not had a chance to look at it yet.

Saw lots of REAL (not angry-white-boy-chopperZ OR hot-topic-trend chopperZ with requisite cool parts from the list of cool parts) pans shovels and flatties yesterday out in Queens that you would have appreciated.

Didn't you know the L carbs are now on the aformentioned list of mandatory cool parts? Along with:

goodson cleaner
whitewalls
hubcap spinner gas cap
fancy mag
hand-tooled leather seat

you know the rest.

jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts