Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were on the way home from Balboa park after a nice lunch and a MaiTai . . . we saw an estate sale still going on that we decided to go right past on the way to the park . So we were rummaging around in the house not really finding anything and slowly made our way into the garage . It was really dark and the floor was covered in old dirty boxes full of little tid bits . Of course the tools were already gone as it was the 2nd day of the sale , and the professional buyers swarmed in like ants . So I catch a little gleam of dirty chrome lying on the floor near the main door and I think to myself " no fucking way that's what I think it is . . . " well bingo . $1 later they are mine and for $.50 more I got a whole box of cool little stainless plumers clamps of various sizes , a glass tube registration holder thingie , and two neat valvecover type pointy wingnut chrome thingies . . . I'd say it was a good day :) You can see they are a little different than the ones on my bike , the end doesn't come off and the inlet diameter is smaller by a bit . . . but they have never been on a bike and I think they will clean up nicely .

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice! I need to keep my eyes out for sales like that. My family and I were at Balboa park last weekend. Time to become a yard sale junkie!

=mike= said:
We were on the way home from Balboa park after a nice lunch and a MaiTai . . . we saw an estate sale still going on that we decided to go right past on the way to the park . So we were rummaging around in the house not really finding anything and slowly made our way into the garage . It was really dark and the floor was covered in old dirty boxes full of little tid bits . Of course the tools were already gone as it was the 2nd day of the sale , and the professional buyers swarmed in like ants . So I catch a little gleam of dirty chrome lying on the floor near the main door and I think to myself " no fucking way that's what I think it is . . . " well bingo . $1 later they are mine and for $.50 more I got a whole box of cool little stainless plumers clamps of various sizes , a glass tube registration holder thingie , and two neat valvecover type pointy wingnut chrome thingies . . . I'd say it was a good day :) You can see they are a little different than the ones on my bike , the end doesn't come off and the inlet diameter is smaller by a bit . . . but they have never been on a bike and I think they will clean up nicely .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts