Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the first time I've ever been. When I bought my Halibrand in '93 for the panhead I tried to get them to build this....

It's a car wheel adapter hub for motorcycles. With it you can run any car wheel on a bike, even pin drive dirttracker or Indy wheels. This part development has been on and off the shelf since '93, but this year Halibrand called (at the last minute) and asked me to develop it with a brand new 2006 softail. This is where I've been for the past few weeks.

It went over HUGE at SEMA. With this hub we've just increased your motorcycle wheel choices by the thousands. If it sounds like I'm promoting this thing you're absolutely right! I've been trying to get this part off the ground for over 13 years and the planets have finally lined up.

I'll post pictures and the story of it later... - Thanks, Tim
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
Abe_Lugo said:
hey this might be your money for ATF.
get a contract with a royalty and guarantee. and some cash up front.
good for you!
another idea. you should develop a backing plate that s the rear of the car wheels used. If you haven't thought of this already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gettingreasy said:
Bout how much $$$ would we be talkin. I tryed makin one last year but it turned out pretty nasty. What kinda bearings, sealed or Timken?
-Jesse
We're hoping to retail the baseline kit for way under 400 bucks. That's including everything... bearings, seals and all hardware including a shim/spacer pack for aligning that vintage '59 Mario Andretti Indy Champion Halibrand with the weird back spacing. The first production hubs will be engineered to work on most stock newer Harleys, but (if one of you ol' boys get one), this basic hub can be used on just about anything with minimum bullshit.

The hubs we built for the SEMA bike run the 2000 and up H-D bearings. (3/4 inch axle, neato sealed bearing). We outfitted them with all ARP pin drive studs and hardware. This softail runs true knock off Halibrand Sprint wheels, 17x5 front and 17x6 rear with Dunlop SportMax tires.

I had to swing through L.A. on the way home and I got back last night! The bike is still in the van and the shop's a disaster from the thrash. I'm goin' back to bed. I'll post pictures an' stuff when I wake up. DAMN it was FUN!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
What the F%$k If I knew you were gonna be there we could have hooked up for some drinks or dinner.Dammit I made a post on the HAMB but forgot to here hell I was there from Wed to Sat.Had drinks with Kustombuilder and Bob K.Oh well there is always next time or maybe youll be comin to Lville Ky sometime.


SEMA show was unbelieveable a must do for anybody.I have determined that I like tuner cars because of the hot chicks that go with them.As we speaker i am mounting 24 inch wheels on my roadster truck,wing and a 500 hp stereo.BAHAHAH


Shoe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Conder said:
I had to swing through L.A. on the way home and I got back last night! The bike is still in the van and the shop's a disaster from the thrash. I'm goin' back to bed. I'll post pictures an' stuff when I wake up. DAMN it was FUN!
WAKE UP!!!! I want to see the whole bike...come on wake up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Conder said:
It was the first time I've ever been. When I bought my Halibrand in '93 for the panhead I tried to get them to build this....

It's a car wheel adapter hub for motorcycles. With it you can run any car wheel on a bike, even pin drive dirttracker or Indy wheels. This part development has been on and off the shelf since '93, but this year Halibrand called (at the last minute) and asked me to develop it with a brand new 2006 softail. This is where I've been for the past few weeks.

It went over HUGE at SEMA. With this hub we've just increased your motorcycle wheel choices by the thousands. If it sounds like I'm promoting this thing you're absolutely right! I've been trying to get this part off the ground for over 13 years and the planets have finally lined up.

I'll post pictures and the story of it later... - Thanks, Tim
That kicks ass!
Any idea when they'll be available to the masses?
 

·
TI_Tuesday
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
Tim congrats on the success...from what have seen of your work and read its well deserved.

it will be interesting to see how this is applied....there will be the good, the bad and the fugly! gold daytons anyone? ha!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
tom said:
Tim congrats on the success...from what have seen of your work and read its well deserved.

it will be interesting to see how this is applied....there will be the good, the bad and the fugly! gold daytons anyone? ha!


Awwwwwwwwwwww YEAHHHH bitches!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
As soon as we go to production, I'm building a V-Rod with 28" dubs that pulls a bumpin' jacuzzi full of strippers. Y'know, for next year at SEMA...

Here's the initial concept of the bike we converted from a zero mile 2006 Softail springer with the factory 200 rear tire. I got the hubs at 2:30 am monday morning. (The morning I had to leave for Vegas.) They told me 10 pm monday night was the cut off for getting vehicles in, I got there at 2:30 all freaky and overly sensitive.

I had been up over 24 hours and then drove straight through to Vegas from Sonoma. I made it the whole way, saw the brilliantly sparkling strip on the horizon...then woke up slumped over the wheel and about to rear end a shuttle van at 110 miles an hour.

They let me roll the bike in, thus saving the lives of every security gaurd at door number 5.

Oh yeah, for the show I had to use the STOCK lazy boy ass SEAT. Disgusting.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,194 Posts
Well my friend...CONGRATS A ZILLION TIMES !!!

If anybody deserves this definate succes then it's you for sure !
I mean this from the lowest bottom part of my heart Tim !
Even the use of them wheels on fairly stock bikes as you posted there is f**kin' crazy !! Don't go to bed 'cause you wont be able to sleep anyway man...:D
The story, the full story yeah, you are actually writing it now huh..!?
Keep us informed Tim, that's all we can ask for now...

(and Vee-Rubber soon with their new 200-20" & 21" rubber...oooohhw yes.., time to really look around for some sponsors now so I can empty my head and build the scooters I want...!!...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Danny, I was there with Halibrand, but they're also working with crazy europeans on hardcore tuner Mustangs. Swedes I think. Giant brakes, blowers, tasteful body kits and huge black chrome Halibrand pin drive wheels.

Some Aussies were there with these evil new fuel injectors they're marketing through Halibrand and a clean 34 Ford chassis chock full of parts they make now. Champ rear, one off wishbones etc. Fuckin' cool.

Now let's all hope I accept their offer. More later...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I appreciate the feedback, the bike is pretty cool for a mild custom and we're trying to make the hub as simple as possible. The master fab guys will do wonders with it no doubt, but it's got to be an affordable and accessable part for service techs who don't need headaches and the folks who work on their own stuff.

This is a stock bike. We did a lot to it, but mainly it's stock. I finally pulled 'er out of the van tonight and snapped a few pictures. Folks are wondering about the backside of the wheel...
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top