Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The house was hot as hell last night so I decided to go for a little ride to cool off. It was a little after 8pm and really nice out. I am riding along a poorly lit street when out of the corner of my eye I see something dart out in front of me. I swerve left to avoid it but the front tire hits. It knocks the bike over a bit and my feet from the pegs. Then the back tire hits and sort of slides over to the right. Then there was about 25 feet of erratic recovery and 1000 heart beats. I had no idea what the fuck I hit. I turned back around and saw it was a big ol' cat. I felt really bad about it...I like cats. I damn near took a digger because of that cat...can you just imagine me laying in the street next to that cat.............man!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Lost your cat? try lookin under my wheels................:rolleyes:

Some many cats so few recipes...............................:rolleyes:

Glad your okay and that you or the bike were not hurt.I took a abate riding course years ago and they showed us how to go over a landscape timber as if it was laying in the road,but I guess I missed the part about the cats.

Shoe

·
Registered
500 Posts
Glad ya didn't go down.

A buddy of mine and I were out twisty carving one night. He was on his old school Ninja 900, a real piece of work, totally knife-edged crank, smoothbore belching custom engine that was fast as curry poo. He had just minutes before donned his brand new sparkly 'luminum Performance Machine wheels. We were in a big sweeper, he was of course well ahead of me, when I saw him straighten up and just ride right off the road at about 50 or 60 miles an hour. When I got to him he had launched through some trees and the bike was a little uglier. But he was basically OK. I asked him what the hell happened and he said a **** had done the darty doo on him, just like yer kitty puss, and he couldn't avoid it in time so he just hit it. Well that damn **** got thrown by the front wheel up onto his leg where it latched on and proceeded to crawl, in a rather annoyed manner, straight up Martin's leg!! Well the distraction of course led to the motocross event. Scratch one billet wheel. Never found the ****.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Crow said:
Glad ya didn't go down.

A buddy of mine and I were out twisty carving one night. He was on his old school Ninja 900, a real piece of work, totally knife-edged crank, smoothbore belching custom engine that was fast as curry poo. He had just minutes before donned his brand new sparkly 'luminum Performance Machine wheels. We were in a big sweeper, he was of course well ahead of me, when I saw him straighten up and just ride right off the road at about 50 or 60 miles an hour. When I got to him he had launched through some trees and the bike was a little uglier. But he was basically OK. I asked him what the hell happened and he said a **** had done the darty doo on him, just like yer kitty puss, and he couldn't avoid it in time so he just hit it. Well that damn **** got thrown by the front wheel up onto his leg where it latched on and proceeded to crawl, in a rather annoyed manner, straight up Martin's leg!! Well the distraction of course led to the motocross event. Scratch one billet wheel. Never found the ****.
Thats the funniest story I have ever heard about a racoon!!

Crow, saw Edwin tonight. He was telling me about a 37' Chevy truck their building with 33" mudders on it. Its been a real odd night.

-Jason

·
Registered
61 Posts
It wasn't but two weeks ago I was riding down to a local watering hole with a few buddies and I seen what I thought was a bag or something blowing across the street, figured I wouldn't even hit it. Came up on it and it was a goddamned ****. Locked up the rear and swerved a little, ended up clipping him with the front tire and I guess from what the others said, it did a little flip up in the air. I hadn't even thought of one latching on like that, I think I was wearing shorts too. Nothing good could have came out of that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
yeah, that sucks, I'm a cat guy too...
one time, coming home after skating/drinking at 2:30am (in my malibu), suicide bunny darts out, and I steer back and forth 5 times...my board was in the bare-metal trunk and it hit each side over and over...I had like 6 teeny dents poking out near the back on each side.

on bikes, I saw brooks nab a 4' snake on the way to VLV, the thing popped up about 4' in the air, slapped it's head and tail together, and was still in the air when I passed it...everyone behind him was all "WHOA!" when we stopped for gas, him and his wife said "what snake?"

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Man...this stuff scares me.
Urban sprawl is to blame I say!
It was probably 5 years ago now but I wailed a deer one night in a 63 Buick.
I didn't even see the thing until it was LANDING behind me.
I looked in the rearview mirror and my first thought was "Ok, those are hoofs, NOT shoes....everything's gonna be ok"
It could have been worse....the deer DID stuff the nose of the car back to the air cleaner.....but if I was on my bike I doubt I'd be wasting company time telling you about it.

Oh...for what its worth....Anti-freeze marinated venison is kind of gross.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
That **** story is too damn funny.

I've never hit a living critter but I got chased down the road by a big 'ol nasty dawg one time.
I had to run a red light to get away from the fucker. If he would have got me he would have bitten into my leg.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Richie said:
...my first thought was "Ok, those are hoofs, NOT shoes....everything's gonna be ok"
That's gotta be the freakin' 'Quote of the Week' right there. LOL!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
i've heard all my life that when racing on a track that if there's a crash in front of you to steer straight for it 'cause when you get there it'll be gone. well, that's prolly easier to say than to do. i was out at 40th & plum one night when a big ol' dog comes outta the weeds on the left side of the blacktop headed across the road. i got on the binders as hard as i dared and moved over to the right as far as i could and then some. i was about 6" off on the shoulder (which was only about a foot wide) when i hit the bugger with my left foot peg going about 35 or so. i didn't go down and the dog went wailing down the bank into the trees; or at least in my mirror that's what i think happened. i turned around and went back to check on him, but he was gone.

i actually had the thought when i first saw the dog to head for where he was at the time (based on the racing strategy listed above), but my body just wouldn't follow the order from my brain.

i had never noticed before that the footpeg on a shovelhead folded up. i thought it had bent 'til i put my foot on it and it unfolded back to normal.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie

...my first thought was "Ok, those are hoofs, NOT shoes....everything's gonna be ok"

That's gotta be the freakin' 'Quote of the Week' right there. LOL!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts