Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still cant fucken believe it! I'm ridin' home with parts and bottle of JD in an old leather bag over my shoulder when I hear a noise coming from the back wheel so I turn around for a look and at the very same moment my bag brakes its buckle and its about to hit the deck, man, in a split second I grabbed the flying strap in one motion with my left hand (which seems like slow motion in my mind) and hauled it back to the safety of my lap and just kept ridin'! The guy in the truck behind me must've been blown away it was so unreal, anyway I'm sittin' here now killin' shots of the sweetest JD I ever drank!
The noise was a broken weld on the fender strut which was rubbing on the tyre. Far out man! Far fucken out!!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
You lucky, lucky turd! Been there..but did not do that...busted glass all over the road. Sad, just sad.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I am more amazed you all drink jack daniels over there being that its distilled just down the road from where i live. if you get the chance try woodford reserve.its more expensive and there is a reason for that.you will use the JD for paint stripper from then on if you try WR.

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
If you throw your shoulder out of joint patting yourself on the back you won't ever be able to do it again!!:p

·
Banned
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+Ah well, that was yesterday and there's no real moral to that story but if there was it'd be somethin to the tune of 'It wouldn't happen if ya weren't ridin'.
And this is what I cried to later on, hadn't heard it for years.

Ride on lads

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Nice catch. Also an excellent Prine vid. If you've ever heard his song "Lake Marie" it's about the tiny little town that I live in.

Here ends today's completely useless trivia lesson.

·
Registered
82 Posts
+Ah well, that was yesterday and there's no real moral to that story but if there was it'd be somethin to the tune of 'It wouldn't happen if ya weren't ridin'.
And this is what I cried to later on, hadn't heard it for years.

Ride on lads
Damn you, now I am watching John Prine videos and drinkin'

1 - 18 of 18 Posts