Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was riding downtown atlanta and a car was waiting at a stopsign on a perpendicular street. guess they didnt see me cause the assholes just pulled out right in front of me. I swerved and my front tire locked up when i was just along side the drivers side window. not really sure why the tire locked up I didnt think i was braking that hard. maybe some sand or gravel i dunno. anyhow I went down on the left side of the bike managing not to hit the car.

fucking SUV fled the scene and cop said since there was no contact there was nothing I could do. witnesses saw the whole thing and even got the lic plate number of the jeep.

I got an ambulance ride to the hospital to find out I have a sprained shoulder and ankle. I left quite a bit of skin on the street from my left arm. could be worse, no broken bones at least.

bike is mostly ok, just cosmetic damage. I think I can fix most of it except for the gas tank. the handlebars smacked a big dent in the front corner. anyone have a used sporty tank in decent shape they want to sell?

this is the bike before the wreck:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
There are two kinds of riders---

Those that have been down and those that are gonna go down.

I guess a third is those who are gonna go down again.

I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was.
Larry T

Just remembered an old cowboy saying I used to hear quit a bit
"If you ain't been throwed, you ain't rode."

G

·
Sharing the Road is getting harder to do....

Many cage drivers plumb don't see a motorcyclist.

With the population what it is in the bigger city's and Older drivers playing Hank Williams at 115 decibels and the Younger people texting their girlfriends or boyfriends trying to get laid, just don't have their mind on the road...

Even with the modulating headlight and enough LED's on your bike to look like a UFO coming in for a landing....They just don't see ya.

Here lately...When I throw a leg over my bike for a little putt...I feel like I'm strapping a Bulls-Eye on my back.... :(

Cool that your not hurt very bad....:)

P.S.
"I brake for Little Old Lady's with Purple Hair Do's"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah tony i dont really know what happened with the front. Ive been riding about12 years now, mostly on crotch rockets. when the front locked up it genuinely surprised me, I really didnt think I was braking that hard. I didnt go back and look in the road cause at that point it really didnt matter.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Due to my job I cant risk any type of retribution. its just not worth it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Glad you are okay.

As for retribution, I don't think anyone is suggesting you do anything stupid. I would certainly look them up and show them the war wounds though, and a very sincerely sarcastic thanks for being a pussy for jetting after THEY caused you to go down in the first place. Might have been the idiot kid driving mommy's car texting his boy friend.....who knows, but it would at least be good to make them think about it.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
all the front brake proponents will argue this point to death but most front brake crashes happen when the front brake it is powered by adrenaline.
It is a natural reaction when you get used to using the front brake and then an emergency situation comes up.
Very few riders can recover from a front wheel skid, it's real hard to convince yourself to let off the brake when you are trying to stop fast.

·
Registered
935 Posts
glad you're o.k. you should show up at the persons front door with some detectives to do an interview in the ongoing investigation,scare the little gutless coward,make em squirm at least.maybe they'll learn something,fear of prison will do that shit quickjack ,everybody knows time sucks ,so if the person thinks it may be possible you will mess theire head up fo-sho ...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.