Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goes up fine but drops like a stone when lever pressed to drop, no amount of finesse makes any differernce.

Does anyone know if this is a standard wear and tear item and can be addressed with a service ,say replacement O ring ?.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
It’s like a jack ?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s like a jack ?
it's a bench that uses essentially a hydraulic jack to lift the bench top in a scissor action.
pressure on the 'down' peddle just lets it fall, pulled what I can of the manifold apart and can't id any worn or broken parts.Pressure on the down peddle compresses a large spring allowing effectively a needle jet forward that I guess uncovers internal port allowing oil to escape from pressurised side. no telling if 'bubba' has been in before and removed anything or modified anything.
Could the needle jet wear and let too high flow rate of oil?.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Some have a o ring on the release at the seat. Damaged maybe.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Some use a ball as the valve with the shaft pushing in to release the ball against a spring to release the oil. Usually pin has a sleeve to restrict oil as it's released.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Google parts diagram for your model to look for parts needed or missing if it's been Bubba'd.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
can you not just fit a washer in the release galery with a smaller bleed hole so it slows the oil enough to make it come down nice n slowly,... a much longer release lever will also give you more control over how suddenly it opens the valve,

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,food for thought there.
Replaced the O rings on pump and also release side, no change.
There is a screw on top of the 'manifold, next to the no touchy factory pre set lift limiter screw, that should increase or slow decent, like a governor, i'll look at that again to see exactly how it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts