Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know a web site were I can read about the rear hub and geometry of a Harely wheel. Particularly something that shows the bearings and what not.
Thanks ahead a time!

·
Registered
328 Posts
are you talking about centering you hub vs. off-setting. is it a custom or what frame/wheel set up are you asking about. I can get my hands on some old service manuals.
dvlscoupe said:
Anybody know a web site were I can read about the rear hub and geometry of a Harely wheel. Particularly something that shows the bearings and what not.
Thanks ahead a time!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just re-read your post. Are you asking about shimming your bearings? side play
leadsled said:
are you talking about centering you hub vs. off-setting. is it a custom or what frame/wheel set up are you asking about. I can get my hands on some old service manuals.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just need an exploded view of a stock harley rear wheel with a drum brake. It looks like I'm missing a bearing but can't be sure.

·
Registered
884 Posts
well my manual shows an exploded view but i can't scan it. but i'll tell you what you should have in there. starting from the kicker side.
bearing locknut
bearing oil seal
bearing outer spacer
ball bearing
bearing washer
bearing spacer(the long one)
ball bearing
bearingspacer washer
sheilded bearing
you should have three bearings in there. this was taken from a factory manual for sportys from 70 to 78. hope this helps

·
Registered
583 Posts
Heres a scanned page from my J&P catalog. You can go online and get a free catalog. It's a really cool catalog because they break down almost every assembly like this and a lot of times it's a lot better than the pictures in the manuals. It's helped me out quite a few times. Hope this is what you'r looking for.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts