Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all these years of making fun of my husband for spending so much time on the HAMB...

My name is Cindy and I live in San Francisco with my husband Jose and our two small daughters. I've got a bobbed Indian 101 Scout 1928 (mostly 1928) that my father and I built about 12 years ago. Jose was mostly a car guy but recently acquired a HD, I think a WLDR? I'll let him tell you himself since I can't remember.

What else... I have a love-hate relationship with magnetos. Favorite bikes are Indians and Crockers. That's it for now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Welcome Cindy! An Indian huh? Cool. I'd love to see pics when ya can.

And since your husband, who got a hard time about his time on the HAMB, probably can't say it without getting in troube:

"Ha ha, he told you so." ;) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
El Caballo said:
This place, like the HAMB, is an addiction. I actually get to jonesing... gotta have my fix.
Me too. It's also because it's the beginning of this place and it is currently chock full of serious Rulers (tm) and only one or two pieces of fluff. I share what I can but I'm set to absorb info like a MF because a couple of my bike heros are on here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Cindy said:
After all these years of making fun of my husband for spending so much time on the HAMB...

My name is Cindy and I live in San Francisco with my husband Jose and our two small daughters. I've got a bobbed Indian 101 Scout 1928 (mostly 1928) that my father and I built about 12 years ago. Jose was mostly a car guy but recently acquired a HD, I think a WLDR? I'll let him tell you himself since I can't remember.

What else... I have a love-hate relationship with magnetos. Favorite bikes are Indians and Crockers. That's it for now.
A chick into Indians and Crockers.......BE STILL MY BEATING HEART. :)

There's a old shop near me where I sometimes go and fantasize about the guys 101 sitting there in its brushed on lacquer paint from the 50's glory, collecting dust waiting for me to some how get 9000 extra bucks to buy her. AHHHHH......
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12 Posts
Hi Cindy! I have some 101s too. Mine were used on the Wall of Death. You do know about the 101 club, George Yarocki? Do you have or need any parts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
manyolharleys said:
Hi Cindy! I have some 101s too. Mine were used on the Wall of Death. You do know about the 101 club, George Yarocki? Do you have or need any parts?
Which Wall of Death? I did see some 101's perform in one in Germany. A few years back there was a Wall of Death here in the US that was for sale. Ah, but where to put it.

Actually I was a member of the 101 Club a while back and can't remember why I didn't renew my membership. I think the price went up or something. I know Yarocki's name. He wrote a good piece on mags.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12 Posts
Cindy said:
Which Wall of Death? I did see some 101's perform in one in Germany. A few years back there was a Wall of Death here in the US that was for sale. Ah, but where to put it.

Actually I was a member of the 101 Club a while back and can't remember why I didn't renew my membership. I think the price went up or something. I know Yarocki's name. He wrote a good piece on mags.
The problem with the 101 club is --no renewal notice! My subscription expired, I didnt notice, I dont often think about it--- My Indians and Wall of Death were with Royal American Shows out of Tampa Florida. I called Tampa and asked about buying the Wall. They told me it took three tractor trailers just to carry the Wall!! I couldnt afford that. Shreveport was the last show of the season before the winter and about 1972, they sold all the Indians to a guy who had been an Indian Dealer until 1939. He sold them to Pud Brown. I got the signs for the Wall, too. One is a big clock that says Wall Of Death, Next Show and you can rotate the hands to indicate when the next show will be. One sign says Admission 50 cents! Another says Special Admission 25 cents. I can imagine- its late, its cold, the season is over but they are desparately trying to make some money so they hang out the Special Admission sign. I have a 1953 photo that was in the local newspaper that shows a pretty young blonde riding on the Wall. She has her right foot on the left footboard, her left foot is on the frame near the rear axle. She is standing on the left side of the Indian as it goes around the Wall and she is holding both hands in the air! The audience is even more interesting but I cant mention it here because of the guy here who calls himself Nads. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
manyolharleys said:
Great stuff! Do they still run those attractions at State Fairs?

That's the last time I saw one. What a gas that was, standing on top of that creeky wooden structure. I recall all of us spectators would be swaying back and forth as the centrifigal force of the bike would make the barrel swing in the air.

Cindy,
Really clean Indian.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top