Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Dave and I live out in Washington State, originally from the midwest. Just acquired a new project that I'll be starting shortly. It's a 1970 T120 Bonneville in a Flyrite Loner hardtail frame with 4" stretch and 2" drop. When done, I'm planning for it to be a fat tire bobber.

This isn't my first build but it's been awhile. Back around 2004 I built a 68 T120 Bonneville extended springer front end chopper with a welded on hardtail to the matching frame. It was ridiculous with left side foot clutch, left side jockey shift just under the butt cheek, right side foot brake for the rear, no front break, 21" spoke front wheel and 21" ape hangers and an. It was crazy to ride but man it was fun. Through my own screw up, or laziness, I never changed the old oil lines on it. On the way home from the pub one night, the top end feed oil line popped off and dumped most of the oil at about 75mph on the highway. It being 1am and dark, I never noticed......that is until the left side rod decided it was leaving and came through the front of the crankcase.

I will rebuild that bike one of these days but probably not the same way it was. That was 17 years ago and these days, I like my rides a little easier to operate. My "ready to ride" rides are a 2006 Heritage Softail classic (that I have had to rebuild twice. Once due to a deer at 50 mph and once due to the back end of a Ford pickup. Both hurt like hell but I'm not sure if my bones or my wallet were in more pain.) and a 2003 Indian Chief Roadmaster. I have several other project bikes as well but another time.

I will add though that the Heritage has been with me on my two longest rides. The first was all the way across Canada to go to Maine to eat lobster on the East coast then back across the Northern States home all in 14 days. The second, a couple years ago, was an 8500 mile roundtrip ride to Key West Florida and back to eat Keylime pie in about 22 days total.
Anyway, I look forward to gleaning some knowledge here and maybe contributing some in the days to come. Thank y'all in advance and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome from the east coast of virginia

1 - 2 of 2 Posts