Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doods,

i am wanting to build a internal throttle for my bike. this is a bike on the cheap and dont want to spend hunnert bux on one from ebay. Anyone know where i can find info on building my own? thanks for your time.

· Registered
1,776 Posts
Best and cheapest is to do what SH said, find old H-D bars w/ internal throttle any make 'em your own. There's many for cheap on eBay or if you peruse the swaps.
Just know that some of the 'oldies' are push type as opposed to pull. You'll find that out pretty quick.

Michael

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Flatironmike said:
Best and cheapest is to do what SH said, find old H-D bars w/ internal throttle any make 'em your own. There's many for cheap on eBay or if you peruse the swaps.
Just know that some of the 'oldies' are push type as opposed to pull. You'll find that out pretty quick.

Michael
Is the internal throttle called somithing else? or is it just allways referred to as internal throttle?

Its going on my minibike I want to use a schiwnn stingray grip and also hide the throttle to make it look clean/simple.

· Registered
3,793 Posts
harley throttles push the cable, actually it's a single stiff wire. The old Z-50 hondas among others, had 7/8 bars with an internal throttle and used a normal braided wire pull cable. that's your best bet for a minibike. just cut the whole end off the honda bar and graft it to the end of your bar.

· Registered
1,837 Posts
I'd imagine you could use the bars (the inside part of them anyhow) from an old Vespa or Lamberreta (sp?) as something to go by at least.
I'm not sure about the new ones but I know the 50's & 60's Vespas had an internal throttle cable.....AND clutch cable.....And you shift with your left hand.....blah, blah, blah.

· Registered
35 Posts
lilbill said:
harley throttles push the cable, actually it's a single stiff wire. The old Z-50 hondas among others, had 7/8 bars with an internal throttle and used a normal braided wire pull cable. that's your best bet for a minibike. just cut the whole end off the honda bar and graft it to the end of your bar.
I actually have these throttle parts for the Honda setup sitting in a box in my basement if you are interested (ended up not going with internal throttle). PM me if you are, I would rather them go to a journal member than Egay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.