Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found this listed with a ton of other parts for $3k. i was going to see if the guy, who's dad was working on it before he died, would just part with at least the bike itself. just wanted to see what everyone thought a proper offer would be.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i don't know a whole lot about nortons. this one is supposedly a '63 atlas. parts included a couple different heads, various electrics/gaskets/gears/trannys from '40s to '70s brit bikes and a few harley parts. some of the heads have been reworked as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice, thanks...that's about what i was thinking of offering. i probably should get my triumph cafe bike running first, but i really want another to build a bobber out of it. well, let's hope he still has it and will take my offer.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Trumpnut said:
On the west coast 3k is fair but not cheap . If there are lots of extra parts I'd buy it .
Problem with the west coast is all of the deep pocket collecters and restorers that think 3 k is chump change compared to their 16,000 dollar ducati. Of course no one has bought the John Player Norton at GP yet, but it is an ugly mofo.

·
Registered
896 Posts
tonydamnread said:
yeah, i know. if i do end up getting it, i may end up doing another that way.
I'm no purist by any means,but chopping a norton frame is really wasting a good frame. Do what you want to triumphs, harleys and bsa's since they all handle like a hinge on two wheels for the most part, but please don't mess up the norton frame. Sell it and use the money to have a frame built to your specs.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I agree with Voneville, don't mess up a featherbed frame, if you want a Norton chop, I have a friend that has a Norton chop that needs work and a BSA. He might be able to help you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
maybe, it all depends on price. just bought a house, got another bike i'm still not quite finished with(got all the parts except throttle and cables), and work is so so right now. but if i was able to find some project for around a grand or less, i'd definitely be interested. but i also agree with Voneville, and i have always wanted a norton cafe bike. so if dude still has it, which i still haven't been able to get in touch with him, i'll see what he'll let me have it for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts