Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
2 shot glasses for a quart = SICKNESS...............fuck oz, i have NO idea!

·
Registered
798 Posts
some hints on the flake
when your adding flake into your clear, stir it with you stir stick, then pull out the stick when you get decent converage then you should be good. Also try to shoot the flake a bit dry and let it flake, flake is heavy and will run really easy. make sure you get full coverage, or atleast to a point where you can tell what base color you used.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I always lay my candy down if I am using color flake then use a blending clear to mix the flake in.It does not go on as thick as regular clear and it does not require a activator.Also you can save left over flake in a can or air tight jar for another day.I usually put about 4 to 5 table spoons in a mixing cup full of clear.Alot depends on color choices and spray technics as to how much.I have also found HOK flake works good for me I have tried some other brands and they tend to muddle or not spray out well.I feel ya get what ya pay for and I have never had a problem with HOK.

Shoe

·
Banned
43 Posts
I always figure on at least a couple hundered pounds.That way you can charge the customer more.And if the paint job is for you it will make you feel better that you paid way too much for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used hok flake when I painted my tank and fender and I only used a couple spoonfulls. You should see if someone has left over of the flake you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts