Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just sitting here at work bored and i decided to ask how many bikes do you all have in the stable? Pics of the collections would be cool too. Thanks!
If you think this post is a waste of time feel free to delete it.
Lil Joe

·
Registered
175 Posts
no pictures but at the begining of the summer i had a 67 flh a 82 fxwg and a pan chopper/bobber.I sold the first two to live on since i've been out of work for the last year and a half.I built the pan from the ground up so it's a keeper.I don't know how to post pics or i would.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, good luck with the work situation.
Lil Joe

singledownloop said:
no pictures but at the begining of the summer i had a 67 flh a 82 fxwg and a pan chopper/bobber.I sold the first two to live on since i've been out of work for the last year and a half.I built the pan from the ground up so it's a keeper.I don't know how to post pics or i would.

·
Registered
568 Posts
S&M Challenger

Schwinn Blue Falcon

Hoffman Flash

Black Market MOB 24"

'70 Triumph with '69 motor with '73 internals

And an old real dutch grandpa bicycle which I use to go to the local bar to get drunk.

I hope to do another HD or Trump project next winter...

Or did you only mean "motor bikes".....??

·
Registered
944 Posts
Here's what I have at present, the number changes often:

1974 Yamaha TX650.....it's a keeper - been in the family since new.
1977 Honda 750 in Amen rigid frame....period build so far, kind of lost interest or too lazy to finish it, don't know which at the moment.
1979 HD XLS Sportster...just bought it. Don't know why or what I am going to do with it. LOL!
1979 Honda Goldwing.....bought as a parts bike, it's a stripped down mongrel at present, runs great, looks like shit. Will never again be a "touring" bike.
1953 HD 45" project.....G motor in a WL frame. Swap meet special that I need to get working on.
1951 HD 45 Bitsa. 51 45" G motor in a BSA A10 frame, pre unit Tri trans, Honda 750 fork. It was my daily rider for a couple of years, sadly I took it apart to make it more presentable and so far have not put it back together.
1966 BSA 650 A65F chopper. Last registered in 1979, I found it in a garage in Kansas City. Whole thing is about 19 feet long. Runs good, rides....well like an extreme raked rigid frame chopper. I rode it all over the Dallas area with 1979 MO tags and never had a problem. Hmmmm lucky I guess.
Got a BSA racer. 650 A10 motor...don't remember the year in an A7 (500 frame) that I bought from the late Jack Wilson.
Just sold a 1966 CL 77 Honda and just bought a CL72 frame and a SL 350 for future projects.
Dirt bikes come and go, don't have any at present unless you count the SL 350.
Some of these are here in the Garage of Lost Dreams in Georgia, some are at the garage annex in Arkansas.
Hank

·
Registered
391 Posts
8 harley big twins & 1 cushman as follows...37UL 74" flathead, '38UL 74" flathead, '40EL 61" knucklehead, '46EL 61" knucklehead, '47UL 74" flathead, '47EL 61" knucklehead, '46 cushman scooter, '53FL 74" panhead, '90FLSTC 80" herritage softail. heres a pic of some of the fleet...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
2 for me. I own my first bike ever, a gift from my folks for my 13th birthday. An Indian 74 dirtbike, I still am amazed this bike is mine after all the family moves. I got offered 3K for it in 1986, now I wont take 100K! Sentimental ya know? That was the first bike I wrecked on, cut my sack open to be exact. Then, my current bike, a 72 Honda 500/4.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Tman said:
That was the first bike I wrecked on, cut my sack open to be exact.
:eek: YIKES!! So yours really are stainless steel.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
1 complete runnin My red bonnieville
2 BSA 650's in 1 in a disassmbled basket case and one that does not even classify as a basket case.

Maybe I should sell all the bsa stuff and by another one that runs...LOL
But what kinda fun would that be though.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have a couple knocking around.

This one will be back on Ebay in a couple of weeks as soon as I get the electric start installed, it appears they were scared off by the 100" kick only part (I hope).

I have a 1971 Triumph 250 Pic: http://www.clubchopper.com/photopost/data/500/7415250-med.jpg
Put that one together so the Girlfriend could learn to ride, but she didn't, got a 2001 Buell Blast for the same reason, with the same result. I'm gonna start riding it to work (70 mpg).
Have a never ending 1957 pre unit project that I don't believe will ever be finished, I can't get the engine back :(
Pic: http://www.clubchopper.com/photopost/data/500/7415rust.jpg
The shovelhead is the bike I ride all over, it;'s running great!

And then there's this 1971 Triumph project in the kitchen I need to tear into PDQ.
Pic: http://www.ironcross.net/new/triz.jpg

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
1. Evo chop w/ a gooseneck frame.
2. '73 Triumph chop currently being rebuilt.
3. '81 Shovel project that is just a motor, 4 speed straight-leg frame and front end right now.
4. '74 ironhead motor that will eventually be some kind of street/drag racer type bike.
5. '04 Triumph Bonneville that my wife rides.
6. '81 Yamaha XS 400--my first real bike, it is dissassembled so I can do something to it someday, who knows what.

I am currently looking for a sportbike too, but since I know very little about them, I am researching/reading about them so I get a good one. I am leaning towards a 750 or 1000 GSXR.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just two
'77 Shovelhead
'74 CB360T
Neither gets ridden as much as they should, but 87 octane just hit $2.50 in southern WI, so I'm thinking they'll get much more ride time in the months to come:)

·
Registered
361 Posts
73'tx650 yamaha ,good work horse 71' R75/5 BMW cafed styled.Great twisties bike 71' SL350 Honda,currently building it into a hardtail,giving it the (bobber treatment). 65' CA77Honda Dream. Restored about 6 years ago Its not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike.62 CZ250 roadbike waiting restoration, 61' Li 150 Lambretta, Cool little scooter that i bought for the wife and i end up riding it more than she does.50's velo solex moped that i need to get running. and assorted other engines waiting get get built up. Lil Joe have you bought a bike yet? Gregg

·
Registered
376 Posts
66 bsa (my first bike; the kids can sell it after i'm gone)
80 fxwg
00 flhstc

1 - 20 of 35 Posts