Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On March 11th a guy sent me a $100 deposit for a $500 motorcycle. Said he would make arrangements to pick it up in a couple weeks. I have called, emailed, PM'd and nothing. I want it to dissappear as I need the space and more importantly I could use the rest of the cash.
So, what would you do??

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'd relist it and find a new buyer.
The previous contract was broken as soon as he didn't return in two weeks to pay the balance.

Couple = two in anyone's books.

·
Registered
726 Posts
You don't want this guy showing upon your doorstep..Call him, write him a certified letter, send him emails. Give him the oportunity to follow thru. If not, send his money back and relist. If I was sober that's what I would do....If I had a few cocktails in me I'd say "F him" and relist it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had this happen to me once. I had a 57 Chrysler and didnt have time to work on it anymore. I put it on Ebay sold it for 700 buck to a guy in Europe. I told him I would story it for him for 25 bucks a month, till he came over to pick it up. He sent the 700 dollar payment, then he sent me about 3mmonths payment then nothing... I was freaking out emailed him called him contacted ebay, after a month I sold it again for another 700 bucks. Man that was sweet. Anyhow, do what you can to get ahold of him, but it you cant, make sure you think you can take him before you resell it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts