Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you who are like me and haven't spent the money for a fancy CV / S&S carb, but still want to use this air cleaner I thought I'd post my method of adapting. I did this because I couldn't find the same air cleaner for my Keihin / Screaming Eagle carb. I used the rubber mounting portion of the existing filter and fitted it into the backing plate for the new filter. The only modifications I had to make to the new backing plate was to use a 3" hole saw to enlarge the opening and drill two small holes for mounting bolts. Picture 1 is the existing air cleaner (I'd already used my dremmel with a cut off to seperate the neck and shoulder. Picture 2 is the new part number. Picture 3, I cut two notches in the rubber for the bolts that hold the outer cover and filter to the backing plate. Then I drilled tow small holes through the backing plate and rubber shoulder. I used two small bolts with the nut to the inside. I put some JB weld on the ends of the nuts to prevent them from working loose and entering the carb. Then it was just assemble the cleaner and mount it to the carb. I really like the way it turned out. It has the same dome as the points cover. It was really easy.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts