Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so puttin the 21" spoolie on today, made spacers and all, got her on, and then like the inbred MORON that i like to be with bolts, overtightend and broke the bolt on the bottom of one of the legs... the other one is fine, its on the side that holds the big end of the axle...

not sure if i can ride with one bolt, the stud (i assume its a stud) doesnt seem to wanna come out, and idk how dangerous this could be, seems like it should hold as nearly all the force is upwards on a front end...

gonna go ride around the block and see if it comes loose...

how screwed am i really? anyone ever ride like taht? i would think with everything else tightened if it ever startted to come loose i would feel it when riding..

i just gotta get this fucker in the wind.. it looks TOOOO good, pics comin in a lil while

·
Registered
625 Posts
go down the street.
buy an easyout and replace it.
it'll cost ya 10 bucks and take 10 minutes.
think about it... losing an axle while riding?
i've seen it.. and it aint pretty.

ya.. i'd go around the block at least once... really would
and get to hear from allmy friend how stupid i was.. but then again
ya just GOTTA do it...

replace it.. smart.
ride it... adventerous.

butche

·
Registered
54 Posts
you mean the side that clamps the axel ? the other side has a nut on it? if so just take it back apart the bolt probable broke from torque not from bottoming out and shouldn't be that hard to get out a little heat usally helps and if any is sticking out you can grab it with pliers if not chisel a little slot and tap it around on the outter edge with small tools brute force is not your friend here and don't get out a drill please you'll regret it i deal with this shit every day! oh and if you do this and fix it you'll still be alive after your next ride oh yeh and sell me that trumph or trade me sumthin that thing is sweet

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
OR.................i have an extra set of 4 over legs from MY ironhead, 35mm............complete...................if'n yer interested, lemme know, i gotta get rid of these things!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Did that once on my dirt bike when i was 15. I had no idea it was a stud and thought the whole fork had to be replaced. I rode it for months like that and totally forgot. My dad came accross it one day and bitched me out, drove me to the bike shop and bought a new 20c stud.

I can't imagine i would ride it like that now but it did seem to hold.

·
Registered
896 Posts
51rat said:
gonna go ride around the block and see if it comes loose...

how screwed am i really? anyone ever ride like taht? i would think with everything else tightened if it ever startted to come loose i would feel it when riding..

i just gotta get this fucker in the wind.. it looks TOOOO good, pics comin in a lil while
Damn hercules! I think it would be pretty stupid, but that's me, your milage may vary :) Hope you had fun. I missed a lot today, I actually had to work!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fix it. I had the nuts back off and fall off a few years ago. (Some dumbass didn't tighten them up.) Fucked up the wheel bearing on the opposite side.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok so i just got bike from like a 30 mile ride...

rode FINE, no probs, jsut as tight, but zack (greasystain) is comin with the stud remover shit and im goin to the harley shop to get a new one...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.