Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't believe it when I saw it. I bought the Lime Gold, cool for me cuz I was trying to figure out where the fuck I was gonna find a greenish gold in a spray can. Anyone used it? What will it look like if I shoot it over a gold base instead of silver? Is it gonna react with my Rustoleum semi-gloss black?

BTW I am saving my $$ for the pinstriper.

·
Registered
246 Posts
hok lime gold is bad ass. I am doing my bike the same color except I am going over the orion silver. Also using the hok organic green. So far they are complementing each other nicely.

I had no idea I could get it in a can.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had problems with Testors lifting non-Testors paint.

I used Rustoleum automotive dark grey primer, wet sanded it and used Rustoleum semi-gloss black, about 3 coats with wet sanding in between. I painted it about month or two ago. None of this was bargain paint, it was all about 4.95 a can.

Sometimes when I think about what I have spent on spray paint, I think I could have bought a compressor and a cheap touch-up gun.

I need to buy more 3m blue tape to lay out either scallops or flames, can't decide.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Galaxie500XL said:
I used 1 SHOT to paint my tank, it still looks good.
how did you apply it?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
big_al said:
how did you apply it?
Used some primer out of can, then used a spray gun with the 1 shot, and clear coated. Pretty much the way you paint anything, expected I used the primer out of can. Still is holding up pretty good after almost a year. I've done it with another tank and I'm going to spray another one next weekend. The 1 shot is pretty good, but Rob said that they have changed the process, I used some of the paint my uncle had, and he's had it for a few years. So I think it was part of the old process.

·
Registered
263 Posts
ChopperMark said:
I have had problems with Testors lifting non-Testors paint.

I used Rustoleum automotive dark grey primer, wet sanded it and used Rustoleum semi-gloss black, about 3 coats with wet sanding in between. I painted it about month or two ago. None of this was bargain paint, it was all about 4.95 a can.

Sometimes when I think about what I have spent on spray paint, I think I could have bought a compressor and a cheap touch-up gun.

I need to buy more 3m blue tape to lay out either scallops or flames, can't decide.
it's funny you say that. I was just telling my girl the other day about how much i've spent on spray when all i need to do is get some cheap compressor. i've had a brush gun for a couple years and havent used it cuz my compressor was stolen. spray is fun to use though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is at our local Wal Marts here in Missouri -Silver or white base coats and candys and pearls and clear coat from HOK "Shimrin pearls" they call it- 5.88 a can
It is [from what I can deduce], Laquer paint.
I am spraying my bike with it tomorrow Ill post a pic later in the week..

·
Registered
62 Posts
rigidsportster said:
anybody got some finished pics that have done with the hok paints? would really love to see them if you got them.
me too! i saw that shiet at the local wal-mart. thought it was to good to be true!!!!

some pic of finished paint jobs would be great. helmets, bikes, or whatever!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.