Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This article struck me kinda funny:

http://www.carolinacustomproducts.com/HB-Hard-Times.pdf

It's about Carolina Custom Products owner making a bet with his wife to build a $10K bike, and I quote "worth having". He replies, and again I quote, "You can't do shit for $10K.

Who the fuck are these people? I guess in their "not-quite-reality-worlds-of-billet,-over-lengthy-front-ends-and-fucked-up-1980's-pro-street-paint-jobs-and-6"-open-primarys" building a bike for $10K is impossible. But wtf? As far as I am concerned this is an abosulte show of disrespect to the entire industry. The bike they built looks like shit and appears to be some kind of an attempt to make it look cheaply built and staying within $10K by using a bare seat , flat balck primer and wrapping the pipes. Dude, the JJ could unleash a world of hurt on your $10K bike.

This fucking guy has a full shop of employees and not a God damn bit of creativity went into it. I suppose the mention of Milwaukee Iron should have been a tip off that some fuckin' morons were involved. When does OCC come into the picture?

"Biuld a cheap bike in a week and display it in front of critical bikers in Sturgis" Jeez Fuckin Louise.

This article also comes at coincedential time for me as I have my bike for sale and plan to build another with a budget of exactly that, $10K, and my mouth is watering to get started. I know there are plenty of bikes here that cost plenty more than $10K, but the point is yes it can be done, and no it's not some kind of fucking miracle.

I hearby proclaim the JJ the last refuge. Period. And fuck the non believers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
StraightPipez, I really like you. In the, I'm gunna buy you a beer kinda way.

I could not agree more. I could have 3-4 bikes "worth having" for $10k. And when I get to spend $10k on one single bike it's gunna be fucking rad.

·
Registered
710 Posts
It's not a bad bike, but no fabbed parts. I've built better bikes for half that. By me you can always find sporties in the $2000-$3500 range. Sell the shit your not gonna use, trade, fab etc. I polish everything cause I'm too cheap to get stuffed chromed. I do the paint myself.You can have a nice little ride for $5k. Won't win the Rat's Hole contest in Daytona, but who cares. I just picked up a 77 ironhead for 2k with great chrome, PM brakes, lots of good shit. My total budget for this bike is $3500. Will post pics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
StraightPipez said:
This article struck me kinda funny:

http://www.carolinacustomproducts.com/HB-Hard-Times.pdf

It's about Carolina Custom Products owner making a bet with his wife to build a $10K bike, and I quote "worth having". He replies, and again I quote, "You can't do shit for $10K.

Who the fuck are these people? I guess in their "not-quite-reality-worlds-of-billet,-over-lengthy-front-ends-and-fucked-up-1980's-pro-street-paint-jobs-and-6"-open-primarys" building a bike for $10K is impossible. But wtf? As far as I am concerned this is an abosulte show of disrespect to the entire industry. The bike they built looks like shit and appears to be some kind of an attempt to make it look cheaply built and staying within $10K by using a bare seat , flat balck primer and wrapping the pipes. Dude, the JJ could unleash a world of hurt on your $10K bike.

This fucking guy has a full shop of employees and not a God damn bit of creativity went into it. I suppose the mention of Milwaukee Iron should have been a tip off that some fuckin' morons were involved. When does OCC come into the picture?

"Biuld a cheap bike in a week and display it in front of critical bikers in Sturgis" Jeez Fuckin Louise.

This article also comes at coincedential time for me as I have my bike for sale and plan to build another with a budget of exactly that, $10K, and my mouth is watering to get started. I know there are plenty of bikes here that cost plenty more than $10K, but the point is yes it can be done, and no it's not some kind of fucking miracle.

I hearby proclaim the JJ the last refuge. Period. And fuck the non believers.
I built mine for less than $10k

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
Not counting the bike, that is $7500. Is he counting the time he paid employees to work on it too? Note the last couple paragraphs are a commercial for the parts they threw this together with.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Explain to me how this is an insult. So some clueless dude built a crappy bike with lame parts, big deal. I seriously doubt he set out to intentionally offend people who build motorcycles on small budgets.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I can Just see this Thing in the factory catalogue next year ,
Introducing "The Bro'ster, Availible in Denim black only,I can see the Advert now' with some marlon Brando Look'n type kat sitting on it , with some flakey broad with 99dd" plastic tits all over him like a cheap suit ,at some Retro Big "M" with a load Billit Barge Hot Rods in the back drop. huh the" lard ass layers and accountants will go wild for it", or may be you'll just get it as a snap together kit witha packet of frosties!.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have built many bikes (some of you might know me from the horse
page). I have only gotten close to ten grand once. I can tell you from
experience you cannot hope to make a living building and selling bikes
for 10 grand. That's what is impossible. This is why our shop gets a flat 100 hours labor to build a scoot. That's 6 grand for labor boys and girls. If that sounds nuts then how many hours did you spend building your last bike? If you are doing it for yourself it can be done for sure. If you plan to feed the baby don't give up your day job.
Rodman

1 - 20 of 21 Posts