Jockey Journal Forum banner
61 - 80 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tubing Bender. Design by Blackjack. Adapted to take a locally produced hatchback hub. I've built several frames with it so far and recommend it highly

Easy enough to use that even Neo Dutch had a go.

Back from the dead.

Thank the man for Google. I searched this site for a while and didn't find this thread. Google brought it up though. But only if you spell it "home made" instead or "homemade" pipe bender. Weird.

Anyway, I made one of these for making bicycle frames tonight. I used square tube I had, a round pipe, a drum brake shoe (for the die) from an old car, and some pieces of metal from the scrap. The die looks a little rough, but it bent a 1" thickwall pipe with eeeeeeeease. And trust me, mine looked rougher than this one. Took me 3 hours without any plans.

If I build one frame, it will still pay for itself!

Thanks for posting this. I'll post pics of mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Back from the dead.

Thank the man for Google. I searched this site for a while and didn't find this thread. Google brought it up though. But only if you spell it "home made" instead or "homemade" pipe bender. Weird.
Search tip -

Use the character * , the so-called "wildcard", for partial-word searches.

Try it, hit search then advanced search, keyword home*, in thread-titles only.

This is also the way to defeat the search not accepting 2-letter keywords....to find say "45" or "VL" threads or posts, use 45* or VL* .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
151 Posts
Now this I do like. Hardwood I guess, what's the max gauge sheet you've pressed wit it, do you use a press or would a vice do at a pinch?, or just get nasty with a club hammer.

Here's some crimping pliers

Thought this was kinda cool, airplane building use, but could come in handy

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you don't have the space or finances for a full size (upright) band saw,
turn your port-a-band into a mini (upright) band saw.
Make a little table where the guide bar goes, tape or clamp trigger "on" and plug in and unplug for switching on and off.
Or mount an inline switch on cord.
Clamp in vise and you're good to go.
Works great for small parts making, quick cuts etc.

skinny

Photobucket

·
Registered
712 Posts
Back from the dead.

Anyway, I made one of these for making bicycle frames tonight. I used square tube I had, a round pipe, a drum brake shoe (for the die) from an old car, and some pieces of metal from the scrap. The die looks a little rough, but it bent a 1" thickwall pipe with eeeeeeeease. And trust me, mine looked rougher than this one. Took me 3 hours without any plans.

If I build one frame, it will still pay for itself!

Thanks for posting this. I'll post pics of mine tomorrow.
The design works really well. I ended up buying a JD2 bender but sold it because I was using my Blackjack Bender instead as it was simpler & quicker . I kept bending handles so I made a nice & heavy replacement that is unbendable. When we move into the new house & I can unpack my gear again I have several frames on the books for this bender to make up. I'm sold on the design and I've got alot of frames & bars to show for it .

·
Registered
299 Posts
engine rebuild/cleaning stand for my SR500, made from a Razor scooter seat.

engine pivots back to get to the sump.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Here's my latest, a billet fork seal wrench so I don't have to use a screw driver and a sledge! Leaves the fork seals in much nicer shape. Cut out of scrap billet and turned down the ends of a couple of leftover stainless allen bolts on a lathe. Works great!

61 - 80 of 346 Posts