Jockey Journal Forum banner
41 - 60 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Great thread!
Worlds simplest wheel truing stand. If you`re just building a single or more similar wheels there`s really no need to go further than this. A piece of rod (old wheelaxle) welded onto a piece of square tubing:
Wood Tool Table Workbench Toolroom

Idiophone Saw Gas Machine Metal

Simple press. Not very sturdy but good enough to press the crank out of a shovel
Wood Rectangle Gas Machine Electric blue

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Here's some crimping pliers

Thought this was kinda cool, airplane building use, but could come in handy

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Here's another I found... Pretty good idea for doin exhaust

·
Registered
316 Posts
I made a sweet metal hammer out of one of these gas canister caps...

All you have to do is put a peice of one inch OD pipe through the holes in the cap and weld it up, I used about a foot long handle and it works great as a hammer and as a dolly too. The best thing is that it cost me $10 from tractor supply and took about 5 minutes to make. Already straightened out an old fender and made a seat pan with it. Works like a champ...

·
Registered
65 Posts
There's a lot of them out there, but here's a tubing bender I built:

Pay no attention to the tubing in that photo, I just used thin wall tubing to make sure it would work. It built my frame like a champ. Plus I really liked having the air/hydraulic ram, super easy to get exact and repeatable bends.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I made a pretty handy litle invention today. i made a flange that mounts the top half of a shopvac directly onto a 55 gallon drum. definately decreases the power but still works great

·
Registered
428 Posts
g/box mainshaft nut socket, made with a piece of tube i had laying around and a piece of 1/4" plate drilled and filed to the size of the nut, then welded to the pipe, hole drilled in the pipe to take a tommy-bar,,

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a jiffy stand I made out of some 2x4s screwed together, a pipe and a pipe flange..... It looks ugly but gets the job done.... kinda like a fat chick after midnight

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great thread!
Worlds simplest wheel truing stand. If you`re just building a single or more similar wheels there`s really no need to go further than this. A piece of rod (old wheelaxle) welded onto a piece of square tubing:
View attachment 34201
View attachment 34202
Was about to build a trueing stand of "usual" design this weekend. Seeing this definetely changed my mind and saved a few hours of fabbing....Thanks! Gonna modify it a bit to use it as a balancing stand also. Using a hunk of 3" angle insteade of tube cause I have it available....Thanks again.

41 - 60 of 346 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.