mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as i said in another thread i went to the hotrod hoe down to:
hang wif fred and his lovely bride
pick up my paint & chrome
unexpectedly drive through compton
drink coronas
oh yeah and do the electric slide (but it was a 40 min wait to get into the crab shack so that was a no go)

this hoedown was much better than the one earlier this year in terms of crowd size and activities. plus it pissed rain last time
here are some random pics of the hoedown and the paint for my long bike
(i didnt go around taking pics of all the hotrods this time so these are just a few kooky pics as we spent most of the day driving around to auto repair shops that didnt want to do auto repair)

pin up girl and photographer comes by to shoot some shots with the roswell rod
i had the better angle but my flash didnt set up intime to catch the slit skirt shot. oh well, she was a lovely girl and had some pin up prints for sale somewhere.

next up was nipplini pulling a VW bug with you guessed it

while we were tearing down the booth the roller girls were warming up

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Conder said:
Dig the paint...
thanks conder and trent.

the pics just arent capturing the sparkle on this. not sure if its as a result of the resize or the digital camera...i dunno.

but since there is gold flake as well as sliver, at night the bike looks like copper/gold flake. its pretty wicked looking.

now to reassemble the bike and try out tom's new timing tool. tom's gonna hook me with the bro deal!

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rockymtnpits said:
I dont know if I like the sound of that......
let me rephrase that.

tom got some sort of timing thingamabob/fluke meter this week and dialed his mag in so tight that hes one kicking in flipflops using only his pinky toe. he keeps calling me going, "check it out..."

kick, wham! motor fires.
then he yells, "ïts bannanas"
and then he hangs up and calls other people.

i'll let him explain what it is and who makes it and how youse can get it if you're interested

·
Registered
591 Posts
todd said:
let me rephrase that.

tom got some sort of timing thingamabob/fluke meter this week and dialed his mag in so tight that hes one kicking in flipflops using only his pinky toe. he keeps calling me going, "check it out..."

kick, wham! motor fires.

i'll let him explain what it is and who makes it and how youse can get it if you're interested
Hell yeah, I want one of those! Who, what, where...

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
todd said:
let me rephrase that.

kick, wham! motor fires.

Got one already! What do think this is, amateur hour!?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Todd,

I must have met you yesterday. Maybe you even introduced yourself. I'm terrible at things like that. But anyway, glad you had fun at the Hoe Down!
Bike looks bitchin!

Spike

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spike! said:
Hey Todd,

I must have met you yesterday. Maybe you even introduced yourself. I'm terrible at things like that. But anyway, glad you had fun at the Hoe Down!
Bike looks bitchin!

Spike
did you stop by fritz's booth?
i was either there or driving around on concord pike trying to find an auto repair shop. and then we hung out for the award ceremony and then loaded out the display during the roller derby.
there were two guys from PA that stopped by the booth. they had brit chops (i think) one of them had voodoo chili tattooed on his forearm. if you were one of them then i met ya.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Conder said:
Hell yeah, I want one of those! Who, what, where...
Conder, its called the time keeper and you can find more info at http://www.mstinst.com/ i'm running kick-only m5 mag 93" shovel and was getting real close to being dialed-in but couldnt close the deal...i talked to the guys at clements industries at length before dropping the dough...as it turns out i was at about 48 degrees of advance, and in about 5 minutes with he tool i had her at 35 and she has been starting easy (first-kick and yes even in flip-flops) and running great ever since. yeah it was a little pricey but if you time bikes often or are tired of the fucking clear plug or oil spray it cant be beat. it picks up both the advance and tdc marks on the flywheel and they also have a drill kit if you have aftermarket flywheels that may be unmarked.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Cool mange.

I always just set it with the points just coming open on the small lobe with the timing mark just leaving the window.. If I remember correctly thats about 32 degrees..

Never had a problem with kicking anything I have built (one or two kicks is normal).. guess I am too fucking cool.
Looks like a sweet tool though, maybe I should get one.
Hell, the rock star says its cool.. its gotta be!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts