Jockey Journal Forum banner

161 - 180 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I love that sidecar!! I didn't hear how it ran. Any numbers? Boneville is the only place to race!!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Hey SwedeBobb, Is that salt? Were you at Bonneville this year?

·
Registered
661 Posts
that's the rig i used to ride when i just shifted to china - one of those loal made chinese chang jiangs - i just cut the fender and added the sparto ...

i called her "Rommel Bobber"

this is what i do nowadays with these rides ...

·
Registered
689 Posts
I see theses bikes from time to time on "the auction site" but have never heard any real reviews from people that own them.

that's the rig i used to ride when i just shifted to china - one of those loal made chinese chang jiangs - i just cut the fender and added the sparto ...

i called her "Rommel Bobber"

this is what i do nowadays with these rides ...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Know i'm a little late in the thread and a lot of pics had been deleted but hadn't seen mention of the Choppahead bro-dee ho basket

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you mean the guy from who I posted that belly tank sidecar earlier, it's Jochen Ratjen (Hamburg,Germany but since a long time Stockholm,Sweden now) Tha bike was called "Belzebub" and Jochen had a similar "devil's beard" ! Here is a pic, without the sidecar though, this was 1996...
Met Jochen and the bike this summer in sweden.
Bike is very well build and Jochen is kind of a nice guy!

·
Registered
225 Posts
You want new pics? Have a look at this!

Bike..sidecar.. why not combine the two?

1936 HD sidecar with a 1941 motor. Builder/owner Trooper Trudeau.

i wonder how many of these are around because a few weeks ago i,ve seen one over here in belgium on a local swapmeet

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
i wonder how many of these are around because a few weeks ago i,ve seen one over here in belgium on a local swapmeet
Chris, the one you've seen at that Belgian swapmeet is probably this cheap copy here...forgot from what shop it came from..

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
MAN, NOW I KNOW I AM OLD... LOL.......... HOW ABOUT THE FLEXI SIDE CAR. BUILT BUY A BOOZE FIGHTER IN-AROUND THE 1948-1950,S. THE SIDE CAR LEANED WITH THE PUTT ON TURNS... NO SHIT. GOTTA BE A PIC OF IT SOME WHERE , ONLY 2-3 BUILT, RODE, I THINK ACROSSCOUNTRY. MAYBY CALIF. TO STURGIS 1970,S .

RUSTY DOG. A.K.A. OLD FART.. LOL.........................:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
252 Posts
MAN, NOW I KNOW I AM OLD... LOL.......... HOW ABOUT THE FLEXI SIDE CAR. BUILT BUY A BOOZE FIGHTER IN-AROUND THE 1948-1950,S. THE SIDE CAR LEANED WITH THE PUTT ON TURNS... NO SHIT. GOTTA BE A PIC OF IT SOME WHERE , ONLY 2-3 BUILT, RODE, I THINK ACROSSCOUNTRY. MAYBY CALIF. TO STURGIS 1970,S .
Not exactly. Flxible was a sidecar manufacturing concern, moving into buses after the First 'War to End All Wars'. The sidecar chassis were patented, and produced from about 1914 until the mid-Twenties.
History here.

The Boozefighters come in only due to an article in EasyRider mag sometime in the 80's. Two BoozeFighters had combos and were caught by a photog in Sturgis. Nowhere in the article did the two claim manufacture of the sidecar, though the pair did mount and tune both. Bikes were J or JD Harleys.

Cosmo

161 - 180 of 224 Posts