Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to you all, the Jockey Journal site pops up every time I seem to do a search for information so decided to get on board and join up. I live in Cornwall over in the UK.

Now it's be a long term plan of mine to build a hard tail triumph and recently found myself a used frame that was on that famous auction site over here. The lines of it were a bit different and that's what attracted me to it. Now as you do, goggled internet to see if the frame looked liked anything out there with no real luck. So thought no matter lets strip the frame paint and check it out. Then as the paint bubbled away from under the bottom cross rail the hand stamped name 'Finch and serial number was revealed. Quick search and found a couple of examples and Ron Finch's original advert for the frame, well pleased as you can imagine. Contacted Finch's Custom style Cycles who got back to me and said send some pics and they would get Ron to confirm it, so that was this week and just awaiting reply.

Hope the introduction not to long but you know where I'm at, and hope to use the forum as much as possible, but before I finish here I would love to put a set of Finch's springers on it, I know they are like hens teeth but if any turn up I bet the Jockey Journal or it's members will find out, so that is my quest for now. Hope to speak to you all in the forums during the build.

Cheers Jeff

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Welcome Jeff!

Nice to see some brits on here! plenty of very well educated trump guys on here!

enjoy.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Welcome to JJ, and you are correct. When you do a search for old MC stuff, HD, Triumph, Norton, BSA, Moto Guzzi, etc, JJ does pop up a lot. I am on here all the time, and when I am searching for other stuff, it pops up on me too.

Anyway, we all like to brag about our scavenged parts, name brand or not. So, Fitch is a well known name, and you should be proud, that your "EYE" saw something special, and it turned out to be a famous name brand. Says something about your "EYE"........

I am a HD guy, but every now and then, I can answer questions about how to send me free cash, so keep in touch............

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Don't thank us YET....we only need some new people to blame for stuff.

You, like they say in that kids hiding game, are "IT".

So, post some questions, and some photos, we love to be critical.

But, it is all in good fun.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome Jeff -good luck with the Trumpet- ain't seen many for years , not even in the UK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts