Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, 49Flat is my handle, I have a couple of HD's, one a '49 flattie project, the other an '81 FL, both are handshift bikes. I'm particularly interested in fabrication and learning more about how to make my bikes unique yet still functional. My flathead is the first ground up build I've done so it's been a slow process. I'll post pics soon as possible. Oh yeah, I'm in southern BC, work in the forest industry, looking forward to springtime and getting to know members on the JJ:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
So that's what it looks like!! Your doing a great job! After you and Gary stopped by my place last summer I did some digging and found out some info about that engine of yours.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Troy, I didn't rebuild the motor, I had an expert do it, was concerned about the tolerances for my skill level, it was in need of TLC! I've compiled and put together the rest of it, most challenging was marrying the tapered shaft PTO to the Shovel 4 speed with belt drive...had to be creative there, hoping it works how I've planned. Been developing my welding and fab skills on this project, one step at a time and trial and error:D.
Cory good to hear from you, didn't know you were on here! Was great to meet ya this summer and see those vintage treasures of yours. Just spoke to Kootenairyder (Gary) tonite, said he's itchin' to get to work on his Indian.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was one hot day! Here's Koot havin' a cigar up at the pass in the Nat'l Park above Radium...oh yeah and that Shovel with the RV saddlebags!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoa, that SportScout of Stik's is ridiculous! ...thanks for the link C.O., will be following that. Any progress with your flattracker/boardtracker?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I figured you'd dig that bobjob *****! Those Shovels are looking pretty cool with that mountain back drop. I've got that Indian engine torn apart on the bench. It's in pretty good shape for as old as it is. Shoot me a pm with your e-mail and I'll send you that info on your mill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts