Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Take a look at Mike's bike below. See how it's similar to what you posted, but 100 times better? Or maybe I've hit the peace pipe one too many times and am loco...anyway, you're headed in the right direction MikeO.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony Bones said:
Take a look at Mike's bike below. See how it's similar to what you posted, but 100 times better? Or maybe I've hit the peace pipe one too many times and am loco...anyway, you're headed in the right direction MikeO.
I dont know I think I like how the one I posted has less of everything . I dont know if I like the tank or the flat paint but I do like everything else about it ( even the pistol on the forks and the tampons to slow the oil leaks :D ) The guy that owns it is really cool , he is an older guy and the first time I went over to his garage I got to here alot of old stories from his friends about how noone would ride next to him because of the cloud he used to have from the oil leaks , he is a RIDE IT kind of guy and he has rode all over going from job to job in state to state ,all of his friends say this is the nicest bike he has ever owned. Thanks for lettin me know what you thought though because for some reason your opinion matters to me when it comes to bikes , not too much though so dont get a big head over it :D hahaha

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Your're funny. I don't like the oversized tank and fender on the first bike. I like seeing a little top tube. I also don't like the tires he chose to run. All that horse shit said, it's better than 98% of the stuff out there.

MikeO said:
I dont know I think I like how the one I posted has less of everything . I dont know if I like the tank or the flat paint but I do like everything else about it ( even the pistol on the forks and the tampons to slow the oil leaks :D ) The guy that owns it is really cool , he is an older guy and the first time I went over to his garage I got to here alot of old stories from his friends about how noone would ride next to him because of the cloud he used to have from the oil leaks , he is a RIDE IT kind of guy and he has rode all over going from job to job in state to state ,all of his friends say this is the nicest bike he has ever owned. Thanks for lettin me know what you thought though because for some reason your opinion matters to me when it comes to bikes , not too much though so dont get a big head over it :D hahaha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony Bones said:
Your're funny. I don't like the oversized tank and fender on the first bike. I like seeing a little top tube. I also don't like the tires he chose to run. All that horse shit said, it's better than 98% of the stuff out there.
Ive been told by LOTS of different people that if I want to ride I should run that type of tire instead of the ones I want because the older style tires wont hold the road around corners even at low speeds. any truth to that ??????

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
I'd say no since my bike is up there I get to get in on it a little :) I have " antique " style tires and I like em just fine . they grip well and look cool . They do follow the grooves on the So.Cal. roads a little but I have taken that bike on the highway quite a bit and never had too much scary stuff happen because of it . It just feels a little odd at first but you get used to it . Like a rigid compared to a sprung frame , or discs compared to drums , kicker compared to thumb starting a bike . . . there isnt really a better or worse , just what you are willing to feel and learn and get used to .

I have an Avon Speedmaster MK-II on the front of my bike , and a Coker copy of an old Goodyear tire on the back , and although they can track funny sometimes , I have never had trouble with them staying on the road .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
=mike= said:
I'd say no since my bike is up there I get to get in on it a little :) I have " antique " style tires and I like em just fine . they grip well and look cool . They do follow the grooves on the So.Cal. roads a little but I have taken that bike on the highway quite a bit and never had too much scary stuff happen because of it . It just feels a little odd at first but you get used to it . Like a rigid compared to a sprung frame , or discs compared to drums , kicker compared to thumb starting a bike . . . there isnt really a better or worse , just what you are willing to feel and learn and get used to .

I have an Avon Speedmaster MK-II on the front of my bike , and a Coker copy of an old Goodyear tire on the back , and although they can track funny sometimes , I have never had trouble with them staying on the road .
Thanks for the info on the tires there isnt too many people around here that think you should ride anything but a big dog or a full dresser so I wondered about there opinions but not knowing any better I have no choise but to listen to them till I hear different or just try it myself (thats what Im trying to do)

·
Registered
675 Posts
PEE MASTERS!
=mike= said:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yep thats me too! Big dog,BMC,Titan,Vengenance and the list goes on on how many post come up when you do a post search.Personally I dont care if you ride a spree scooter as long as you ride it.I think you must have this board confused with a few other bike boards like Chopper Underground or what ever its called I lurk there once and a while and see all kinds a bullshit whats a chopper whats not thats a dresser thats not, titans suck,you have to build it from scrap iron or its not a bike.I always thought a motor bike had 2 wheels.I know a kid with learning disabilities that rides a scooter 5000 miles a year in the snow rain and heat and I consider him more of a biker than most people I know that have bikes.Maybe listening a little more before making the comment below would be good cause this board has some of the most knowlege and good knowlege at that your gonna find anywhere.

Sorry rant over drop the Drama and back to the bikes

MikeO said:
Thanks for the info on the tires there isnt too many people around here that think you should ride anything but a big dog or a full dresser so I wondered about there opinions but not knowing any better I have no choise but to listen to them till I hear different or just try it myself (thats what Im trying to do)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
Yep thats me too! Big dog,BMC,Titan,Vengenance and the list goes on on how many post come up when you do a post search.Personally I dont care if you ride a spree scooter as long as you ride it.I think you must have this board confused with a few other bike boards like Chopper Underground or what ever its called I lurk there once and a while and see all kinds a bullshit whats a chopper whats not thats a dresser thats not, titans suck,you have to build it from scrap iron or its not a bike.I always thought a motor bike had 2 wheels.I know a kid with learning disabilities that rides a scooter 5000 miles a year in the snow rain and heat and I consider him more of a biker than most people I know that have bikes.Maybe listening a little more before making the comment below would be good cause this board has some of the most knowlege and good knowlege at that your gonna find anywhere.

Sorry rant over drop the Drama and back to the bikes
I wasnt tryin to start any shit really I wasnt (ask anyone who has met me ) I like too many different kinds of bikes and cars so Im tryin to start with what I like the most first and go from there. I have talked with Tony many times about bikes ,so he has a good idea about what Im looking for . I grew up drag racing CARS so thats what I know ,but Ive always wanted bikes too and just never had much free time to learn about them (and Ill admit it) As far as why I would put it here instead of emailing him or calling I really like this bike and the owner is the coolest biker Ive ever met with alot of interesting stories, so I guess I wanted to share the pic of the bike with everyone and see what more people thought of it ,maybe I should have done it different Ill remember for next time Im sorry. The man that owns the bike was at the first bike show I ever set up at to pinstripe , he was my first customer before I was even set up when he walked up I was kinda like OH SHIT because I was told this show would be a bunch of doctors and bussiness owners trailering there bikes there with there big motor homes . Well by the time the show was over I made a good friend. Ive been back a couple times to do work for him and he has sent me alot of work and from that I have met alot of really cool people (you know the kind of bikers moms warn kids to stay away from) Charlie is a VNV and has had some rough times but keeps smilin Id like to say more about him but I hate typing ,so if you are in the thumb of michigan some time and wanna meet a really cool old biker get ahold of me . Sorry if I came off wrong in the begining it wasnt ment to sound like it did I just wanted to show Tony I found a bike close to what I want I can only afford to do this once as of right now so its gotta be right.thats all

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hey its cool man I know alot of the folks on this board from the board and in person and the knowlege is here and yes there is also some bullshit.The drama has really hurt some other boards that other wise could be good. I also may have taken the comment wrong I just hate to see the post go from information which could better people or their scoots turn to a pissin match about this or that.That is why the HAMB has survived because the eat their own----:D oops sorry I mean they police their own along with the crack staff of moderators who do a great job.

So far this place is off to a great start and I like the atmosphere here and how many places can you get so much info on the bike spectrum from hondas to vespas and not catch much bullshit from anyone about whats in your garage.
Both scoots pictured in post are my kinda scoots.That is till my big dog comes in.LOL So its cool if you got some questions start up a new topic and let'er fly.You soon be able to determine whats bull and whats not.I always say there aint no rules to this if you like it ride and who gives a shit if someone else does and when they say you need to do this or you need to do that I say then build one the way you want or buy mine and change it.
Ride HArd
Shoe
MikeO said:
I wasnt tryin to start any shit really I wasnt (ask anyone who has met me ) I like too many different kinds of bikes and cars so Im tryin to start with what I like the most first and go from there. I have talked with Tony many times about bikes ,so he has a good idea about what Im looking for . I grew up drag racing CARS so thats what I know ,but Ive always wanted bikes too and just never had much free time to learn about them (and Ill admit it) As far as why I would put it here instead of emailing him or calling I really like this bike and the owner is the coolest biker Ive ever met with alot of interesting stories, so I guess I wanted to share the pic of the bike with everyone and see what more people thought of it ,maybe I should have done it different Ill remember for next time Im sorry. The man that owns the bike was at the first bike show I ever set up at to pinstripe , he was my first customer before I was even set up when he walked up I was kinda like OH SHIT because I was told this show would be a bunch of doctors and bussiness owners trailering there bikes there with there big motor homes . Well by the time the show was over I made a good friend. Ive been back a couple times to do work for him and he has sent me alot of work and from that I have met alot of really cool people (you know the kind of bikers moms warn kids to stay away from) Charlie is a VNV and has had some rough times but keeps smilin Id like to say more about him but I hate typing ,so if you are in the thumb of michigan some time and wanna meet a really cool old biker get ahold of me . Sorry if I came off wrong in the begining it wasnt ment to sound like it did I just wanted to show Tony I found a bike close to what I want I can only afford to do this once as of right now so its gotta be right.thats all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.