Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I didn't want to 'jack the guy's thread, either, so here's the info on the pipes.

See, I'm running REALLY behind on posting pictures in the "Projects" page on my site, so nobody's seen those pipes yet. Those are 8 sections total.

I sometimes use old Shovel flanges, but most of the time, I get the Shovel and the S.T.D.-type flanges from - who else - Fab Kevin.

I'm sure he could cut you some in stainless.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flyin' Dutchman said:
Now, you did those with a MIG, Rich..?
Yeah, Maurice, with a MIG. I don't have a TIG. I've been trying to get a TIG for 2 years, but something always comes up, and takes the money. I have a Miller 100, and a Miller 210.

I do everything in MIG. That sissy bar in the picture was done with a MIG. I've been welding with a MIG for 25 years -everything from sheetmetal to rod and bike frames.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Irish Rich said:
Yeah, Maurice, with a MIG. I don't have a TIG. I've been trying to get a TIG for 2 years, but something always comes up, and takes the money. I have a Miller 100, and a Miller 210.

I do everything in MIG. That sissy bar in the picture was done with a MIG. I've been welding with a MIG for 25 years -everything from sheetmetal to rod and bike frames.
Wow! That's some very nice work with a MIG!

But yeah... You're right.. It can be done, just takes years of practise.
I did a lot of MIG over the years and I do like it... I got a TIG machine last year, but I have to practise a lot more... I'll get back to it this winter.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Sexy pipes Rich, clean work...!
@ Flyin' D....shouldn't you be flying to Cali. by now??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts