Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a '68 Triumph Bonneville "chopper" awhile back with some forks that appear to be extended. I could be wrong, But they seem too long to be stock. Would it be possible to bring these back to stock length with out much hassle if so does anyone know what all it would take?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Yes, your best bet would be to buy replacement fork tubes, either from one of the various Brit bike suppliers or Forking by Frank. Of course Franks will cut your tubes down as well.

It looks like your frame has been stretched and if that is the bike you want to go back to stock length tubes on I don't think it will work. I could be wrong and I'm just looking at your pic you have posted but it seems to be sitting pretty level like it is now.

Are you not wanting to stay with the chopper persona of the bike you bought ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
yah i was thinking the same thing, looks like its stretched up and shorter tubes wouldnt do anything but cause problems. but on the other hand it is some cool 70's goodness, personally i would ride the shit out of it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice! I bought the bike for the motor and rear wheel, but ended up keeping both wheels and forks also. The frame was custom molded so i sold it back on ebay along with most of the other parts. I bought a stock unmodified frame with plans for a bolt on David Bird hard tail so the long front end wouldn't be good for what i want.

·
Registered
177 Posts
well if the trees and lowers are still good all you would have to do is buy a set of tubes and they can be had for new for a little over 100$

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Looks like you are moving in the right direction then. Just look at any of the Brit suppliers as well as Forking by Franks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts