Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I did not think of any better to place to ask about my 535cc enfield's swingarm extension.

Iam considering of extending my 535cc Royal Enfield's swingarm by 6 inchs,it would make it more stable and would effect the handling but how much overall power loss and decrease in pick up speed would this cause:confused:? To me the greater the distance from power output to rear wheel the greater percentage of power loss.Are there any other effects of such an extension to the bike or engine?As long as the engine is not effected everything is fine:D.

Where could I get the dimensions for a extended swingarm?

I wont be using fat tires.A 3.75-19 at the rear and 3.25 ribbed at the front.

EasyRider.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Easy,
the only power loss that I can think of would be from added friction of more links in your chain and that at best, would only be a percent of a percent of a percent.

As far as handling, I couldn't tell ya, maybe someone else has experance with this and will chime in.

One thing I will say about adding 6" into the swing arm....Be very careful, I've seen an inch make a huge difference in the overall "look" of a bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Little D,

I have seen a few pics of enfields with a 6" stretch,they look cool.It lowers the bike making it more stable,the shocks don't work as well as stock though.

Need to get the dimensions for a extended swingarm so i can get one fabricated.The gap increases with the stretch and im not going to use fat tires,how can i compensate for that?

The place where the tubes are welded at the top on the extended swingarm are closer/narrower than the stock swingarm?

What's the best kind of steel to use stainless or mild steel?Does the thickness of the swingarm tube increase for strength or stock size will do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts