Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I am really bad at computers, and it looks like it might have screwed up this post, but I need help. My son and I are doing a build for him. He loves the stance of this bike. My eyes are not what they used to be, but the neck looks stock, though it looks kicked out a bit. Maybe raked bearing cups? Those trees are stock so I know its not raked trees. My son likes the front of the frame higher like in the picture. I am thinking those tubes are at least 4" over. I would love to recreate this for him. Thats a 19" wheel, we are going to run a 21" spool, so that will give a tiny bit more of the slight kicked look he is looking for Thats what I think, but I'm an idiot. Would love to hear from you guys. Thanks for your help in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Judging from experience that is a 33.4 mm front end off a 71-72 Super Glide FX. 6" over with a 21" front rim laced to the FX "hamburger" drum. What made you think it is a 19"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Judging from experience that is a 33.4 mm front end off a 71-72 Super Glide FX. 6" over with a 21" front rim laced to the FX "hamburger" drum. What made you think it is a 19"
I thought it was a drum set up off a mid 1970's sporty. I know different axle size and all that, but I have run them. You are right I am sure. You are the only one who answered my question the way I thought I presented it. Are we in agreement that the neck is stock? 6" over sounds right, thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought it was a drum set up off a mid 1970's sporty. I know different axle size and all that, but I have run them. You are right I am sure. You are the only one who answered my question the way I thought I presented it. Are we in agreement that the neck is stock? 6" over sounds right, thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cool, but I thought joe answered your question too. Did you pull a measurement from bottom neck cup to the center of your axle, and then compare to joes chart? That would tell you how much longer your fork legs are than stock. That neck looks stock from eyeballing your picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, but I thought joe answered your question too. Did you pull a measurement from bottom neck cup to the center of your axle, and then compare to joes chart? That would tell you how much longer your fork legs are than stock. That neck looks stock from eyeballing your picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am building a bike, I dont have fork tubes to measure. I cant measure the picture. 6" over sounds right, I said at least 4. Looks like I will be buying 6" over tubes. I will be sure to try to pose my questions better in the future.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
The neck is stock casting 30 degree rake. with the frame in that position it is in the actual rake is a little more of course

1 - 13 of 13 Posts