Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody help me? i am building a flyrite bobber. i am running an 80 evo,a 4 spd ratchet top transWITH A TAPERED SHAFT, NOT A SPLINED SHAFT.i am not using a starter it is kick only. i got anxious before i got the roller and bought the wrong 3 in bdl belt drive. now i am having a hell of a time finding the right one. i want to go with no inner primary also. so heres where i need the help.....does anybody know if bdl makes a 3 in belt drive for an evo with a 4 spd kicker with a TAPERED SHAFT? please help me if you can! ive tried to call bdl 4 times now and cant get a person to talk to. just on hold for ever. thanks for any help you can give me.
tim

·
Registered
675 Posts
aaaw oh here we go again :) ...BDL's suck go with Primo. They make drives for all applications. A little more dukets but money well spent !
tim dunleavy said:
can anybody help me? i am building a flyrite bobber. i am running an 80 evo,a 4 spd ratchet top transWITH A TAPERED SHAFT, NOT A SPLINED SHAFT.i am not using a starter it is kick only. i got anxious before i got the roller and bought the wrong 3 in bdl belt drive. now i am having a hell of a time finding the right one. i want to go with no inner primary also. so heres where i need the help.....does anybody know if bdl makes a 3 in belt drive for an evo with a 4 spd kicker with a TAPERED SHAFT? please help me if you can! ive tried to call bdl 4 times now and cant get a person to talk to. just on hold for ever. thanks for any help you can give me.
tim

·
Registered
179 Posts
i'm not certain of a standard part number without the backing plate and starter setup but they most certainly have an evo to 4spd tapered shaft setup. drag specialty part# DS23025002, BDL calls it an EVO-10ST. its about halfway down that list there. i installed one on a stock evo motor with a no-name 4spd tapered shaft tranny. mine has a starter and a motor plate but you could unload that pretty easily on here for a fair price.

http://www.beltdrives.com/conv00.htm

there's the conversion chart for part numbers.

search the archives here, most everyone has a strong opinion against bdl in favor of primo. i've officially installed and ridden 1 bdl so i don't know any better. i hear the clutch is better and less noisy on the primo - that's the direction i'm going for the new bike with a 96" motor. i'll probably construct my own plate between the trans and the motor this time though. i don't like the large billet billboard on the side of my bike. by the way the kit has zero instructions - but it does have a nice color decal included. whatever.

brandon

·
Registered
208 Posts
strong opinion
yes
primo good
bdl bad

stolenmojo said:
i'm not certain of a standard part number without the backing plate and starter setup but they most certainly have an evo to 4spd tapered shaft setup. drag specialty part# DS23025002, BDL calls it an EVO-10ST. its about halfway down that list there. i installed one on a stock evo motor with a no-name 4spd tapered shaft tranny. mine has a starter and a motor plate but you could unload that pretty easily on here for a fair price.

http://www.beltdrives.com/conv00.htm

there's the conversion chart for part numbers.

search the archives here, most everyone has a strong opinion against bdl in favor of primo. i've officially installed and ridden 1 bdl so i don't know any better. i hear the clutch is better and less noisy on the primo - that's the direction i'm going for the new bike with a 96" motor. i'll probably construct my own plate between the trans and the motor this time though. i don't like the large billet billboard on the side of my bike. by the way the kit has zero instructions - but it does have a nice color decal included. whatever.

brandon

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
have no experience with bdl but I have a 3"primo pro clutch setup and it is THE SHIT! can't imagine using any other setup as this works so well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you guys give me a primo part number for this set up then. 80 evo,4spd ratchet top kicker(tapered shaft),no elec start,foot clutch. i didnt mention the foot clutch in my original post

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
tim dunleavy said:
can you guys give me a primo part number for this set up then. 80 evo,4spd ratchet top kicker(tapered shaft),no elec start,foot clutch. i didnt mention the foot clutch in my original post
I have a foot clutch too,had to put a stop on my pedal as I had a tendency to bury it at stops and I broke the release finger, but it works fantastico now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts