Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im on 21st court and Hermosa ave. Battery is dead. wont oush start totally toast. Anyone close? 949 525 0916

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
If its a gel battery take it out and hold it about a foot or maybe 2 foot high and drop it on the base...It for some weird reason reactivates the battery ...ONLY does it to Gel batterys!!...The military has been doin that to all there gel batterys in the war that die out,I just learned of this myself from 2 military guys say it works 99% of the time ..hope this helps ya....

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made it home. Swapped out the Battery in Hermosa and she fired right up. I was only down about an hour. Made it home just before dark. Mike and I rode round trip from San Clemente to Malibu then up the hill to Agoura Hills and back this weekend on PCH and sufface streets. It was a blast. The batt was only a minor set back.
Sadly she would not start this morning which lets me know it is the charging system UGH! oh well. Guess I'll just break her down for paint since she will be down a while.
Thanks for all the help.

ps its a dry cell batt

·
Registered
107 Posts
I read an article about a year ago re gel batteries,when they go too low,a batt charger wont "see" them becaus of extra low resistance.Oddyssey dealers wer warranteeing a lot of them.Hook up to a "good" batt and charge both was the solution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.