Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a round Ultima oil bag and a remote filter on a '76 shovel. What goes where? I want to run the oil out the tank to the filter then into motor. I have the rocker box oiler hooked up and the bottom vent line/ spew tube on the shovel. The Ultima bag has 4 openings. The outlet feed and plug are straight forward. The 2 coming in running up through to the top are vent and return, which is which? does it matter? Which is which on the shovel? Thanks again, Ken

·
Registered
68 Posts
Built2Ride said:
Running a round Ultima oil bag and a remote filter on a '76 shovel. What goes where? I want to run the oil out the tank to the filter then into motor. I have the rocker box oiler hooked up and the bottom vent line/ spew tube on the shovel. The Ultima bag has 4 openings. The outlet feed and plug are straight forward. The 2 coming in running up through to the top are vent and return, which is which? does it matter? Which is which on the shovel? Thanks again, Ken
i always put the vent line on the highest(from the ground) fitting. on the xlch i'm building i'm gonna run the return through the filter instead of the feed--but i don't know if it one way is better than another.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
frank (aka cueball) said:
i always put the vent line on the highest(from the ground) fitting. on the xlch i'm building i'm gonna run the return through the filter instead of the feed--but i don't know if it one way is better than another.
I'm actually changed my mind also running the return through the filter. Need to know which is which on the shovel. Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
68 Posts
try this: attach lines to motor end then fill the lines with oil. kick it over & you'll be able to tell which is which---the oil level will drop in the fill line & pump out of the return.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts