Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor is a T25 from 1971 I beleive. The manual says you can remove the inner timing side case without having to do anything on the primary side. I removed the out timing cover, the auto advance cam setup, and all the screws holding the inner case on, including the guide stud thing on the bottom left. I can get the case split about an 1/8th of an inch, but it really seems like somehting is holding it back. I normally wouldn't need to get into the gearbox but when removing the old brittle trans filler dipstick a piece of it fell down into the gearbox so I need to get that thing out of there. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the clutch mostly off, the clutch discs, the center that holds the cush rubbers, and the clutch basket. the only piece holding me back is the small splined hub that the center fits over. I know it has a woodruff key in it, so i'm assuming it has inner splines. I tried using a small gear puller, but the sucker wouldnt budge. Is there a trick to getthing this thing off? I think it's the only thing holding me back now.

·
Registered
737 Posts
What happened to just adding fresh gas and a battery and riding it? Now we have the clutch out? That was a clean looking 250

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What happened to just adding fresh gas and a battery and riding it? Now we have the clutch out? That was a clean looking 250
You've got to be confusing my bike with that other guy that posted recently about how he just got a 250. Mine needs some serious TLC.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On my 441, I used a large 2 jaw puller, put the bolt under tension and rapped it with a hammer, came off easily!
I will give it a try. The service manual doesnt say anything specifically. I will try the puller again, and maybe a little heat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts