Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi again guys,

thanks to all that helped last time, the bike got started and it fuckin rips. that said almost as soon as it got started the fucking kickstart started playing up and now i can't kick it. it feels like it's just not engaging with anything inside, it pushes down way too easy. it ratchets back up fine, but isn't actually turning anything inside. i'm guessing it's something with the clutch because it won't pull in at all. with the bike in gear kicking it over turns the motor, but continues to do so even when i pull the clutch in. perhaps the pushrod is jammed in idk, can't seem to find what that's meant to look like to compare mine.

it's a '56 tr6 (not t110 as my last post said) with appropriate gearbox, clutch etc, all stock stuff.

that's about all the info i can think of for now but please help it's driving me mad i've had this bike for like 2 months and so far i've done about 500 yards 馃槱

thanks everyone

Registered
yea be the clutch start with the cable and maybe you need to look at the plates

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea be the clutch start with the cable and maybe you need to look at the plates
yeah meant to say cable tightening/slacking isn't helping at all. i'll remove the primary cover and check out the clutch plates. anything i should know about that before i start, will i need to re-time once removed? any weird inner bolts i might miss and break trying to get off etc? i'm an absolute sucker for breaking things by not properly researching the part...
thanks

Registered
No you don't need to re-time
anything stubborn give it a squirt of wd40 and a little heat (even boiling water from kettle will do)
probably just needs a clean up and fresh oil if nothing is damaged.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sticking clutch plates! i cleaned them off, lubed them up and they're just as they were before.
next issue is adjustment, it takes almost the entire lever release to get going so stalling and over revving is far too easy. any suggestions?

thanks

Registered
Try adjusting the cable so there is about 1/16" of free play between the lever and it's mount. Depending on what you have for levers, you may be able to do this on the handlebar adjuster, or you may need to do this on the transmission housing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i've tried the cable, no more adjustment available there. i guess if it's an old clutch it might need some love and new parts. would new springs help with the long clutch?

Registered
read the bit about the adjuster screw

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
read the bit about the adjuster screw
sorry forgot to add, the manual shows me that the adjuster screw is actually missing the locknut and is stuck in position, hence no adjustment there. any tips on getting it out? i'm assuming best just buy a new one along with whatever that part is that holds it in place though...

Registered
wd40 and heat if your going to buy a new one get mole grips on it or you will have to buy 2 new nuts and lock them together on stud
google stuck stud/bolt removal

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks, those are the obvious methods yes, i guess i was hoping for some kind magic triumph secret haha. i'll order some new parts today.
thanks for all the help richbob, yet again!

Registered
if its all 60 years old and looks shit replace clutch pack and springs its all fairly cheap.

Reactions: leodavut

Registered
from the symptoms it sounds like the the pressure plate springs are compressed no where near tight enough,then worry about the adjuster screw and lock nut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts