Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't seem to be able to get the solenoid bolts started. do i have to take the primary cover off to be able to get this on? are my fingers just to fat (even though they really aren't fat at all)?

is there a trick i don't know about?

this is the first time i've ever tried to install a new solenoid on a bike.

i gotta say that the kick starter on the bsa isn't this complicated...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do the bolts screw in okay without the soleniod? are the threads okay? it should bolt right up. you dont have to take off the primary cover. make sure the rubber boot is on all the way and not stopping it from going on straight. good luck

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cyclebilly said:
Do the bolts screw in okay without the soleniod?
yeah; the old one came off easily. of course that was a month ago, but i've kept the scoot covered all this time and nothing should have fallen into the holes.

i'm just having a hard time holding the solenoid in place while i get the bolts started. i need a couple of more hands, but there's not enough room there for the two i've got.

maybe yesterday was just a bad day for me. i'll try again this evening. maybe they will fall right into place for me.

i'll listen to pink floyd all day at work today. that usually helps the days and evenings to turn out better.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cyclebilly said:
Yoh have the spacer that goes in there right?
yeah; i didn't lose anything (fortunately). a bud came over tonight and helped me. i couldn't get everything together by myself. but with one of us holding the solenoid and the other starting the bolts it went together.

got some charge in the battery and started it. first time running in almost 3 years. i should have sold it a long time ago, but it's such a cool old bike that i just hung on to it. i love to look at it every time i go to my shop. a really good friend talked me into selling it to him, though; so i had to get it running.

thanx, cyclebilly, for taking the time to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts